Ask a Question related to Coldfusion - Getting Started, Design and Development.
- MUSC Webmaster #1
validate text field for alpha input only?
How do I validate a field to make sure that the user's input was/is only
case-insensitive alpha characters?
I have tried playing around with pattern and mask attributes, but haven't been
100% satisfied with my attempts. I also read somewhere (can't remember where)
that it is better to do this type of validation in the <cfparam> tag. If that
is true, how do I go about that?
Here is an example of some code below:
<cfinput name="lname" type="text" size="20" maxlength="20" required="yes"
message="Last Name is a required field." validate="regex"
MUSC Webmaster Guest
- I have 4 input text fields (it1 ... it4) where I want the user to enter a code. When entered 4 digits into the first field I want the cursor to...
- by which he means embed the font you're using for the input textField. If you are using actionScript for this follow these steps: in library...
- Ok, I've got a text field that I want the user to enter type into, I want to pre-fill it with one of 3 text options, and I want to send it to a...
- Hello all, In one of my frames, I have Dynamic and Input Text fields. Say that I have the Title1(Dynamic) and EMail(Input) fields. If I use the...
- I know this is a bit of a back-to-basics question, but it is something I have never really got my head around when to use text and when to use...
- Jfill #2
Re: validate text field for alpha input only?
Try the the CFValidator 1.1 on this page. [url]http://www.javier-julio.com/coldfusion/downloads/[/url]
Here is the sample: [url]http://www.javier-julio.com/Test/Validator/index.cfm[/url]
Seems pretty good.