Professional Web Applications Themes

[VCD] How can U divide into chapters' - Mac Applications & Software

I have a file ready to be burt as a 50mins VCD. But if I create a VCD with this file, then I will end up with one chapter lasting the whole 50mins. Is there a way to make shorter chapters for a VCD, so I can decide to skip a certain part of the file and go to the next? TIA....

  1. #1

    Default [VCD] How can U divide into chapters'

    I have a file ready to be burt as a 50mins VCD.

    But if I create a VCD with this file, then I will end up with one
    chapter lasting the whole 50mins.

    Is there a way to make shorter chapters for a VCD, so I can decide to
    skip a certain part of the file and go to the next?

    TIA.
    MatFox Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: [VCD] How can U divide into chapters'

    In article <1fy22pn.2sohuw12fwgx0N%MatteoXYZ1963excite.it> , MatFox
    <MatteoXYZ1963excite.it> wrote:
    > I have a file ready to be burt as a 50mins VCD.
    >
    > But if I create a VCD with this file, then I will end up with one
    > chapter lasting the whole 50mins.
    >
    > Is there a way to make shorter chapters for a VCD, so I can decide to
    > skip a certain part of the file and go to the next?
    >
    > TIA.
    Use VCD Builder. Add your MPEG as a "sequence" and then double-click
    it. VCD Builder will let you set chapter points with a slider in the
    dialog it presents.

    --
    Spenser
    sbt Guest

  3. #3

    sbt <dogbreathchaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:

    > Use VCD Builder. Add your MPEG as a "sequence" and then double-click
    > it. VCD Builder will let you set chapter points with a slider in the
    > dialog it presents.
    Cool, it works. I have divided the file in 5 sequences of 10 mins each,
    so everytime I push the 'next track' button, it skips forward.
    But when I put in the VCD, the display on my dvd player shows: Track 1
    and the total time.
    Is this correct?
    Shouldn't it show Tracks 5 and the total time?

    MatFox Guest

  4. #4

    In article <1fy29hd.1dwarj717m3lh2N%MatteoXYZ1963excite.it >, MatFox
    <MatteoXYZ1963excite.it> wrote:
    > sbt <dogbreathchaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:
    >

    > > Use VCD Builder. Add your MPEG as a "sequence" and then double-click
    > > it. VCD Builder will let you set chapter points with a slider in the
    > > dialog it presents.
    > Cool, it works. I have divided the file in 5 sequences of 10 mins each,
    > so everytime I push the 'next track' button, it skips forward.
    > But when I put in the VCD, the display on my dvd player shows: Track 1
    > and the total time.
    > Is this correct?
    > Shouldn't it show Tracks 5 and the total time?

    I don't know. It shows different things on each of my DVD players. The
    level and style of support for chapters in VCDs and SVCDs on DVD
    players varies widely.

    When you advance to the second track, what does the display show? On
    some of my players, it shows nothing, on the other one I see the
    current track number and the time remaining on the disc.

    --
    Spenser
    sbt Guest

  5. #5

    sbt <dogbreathchaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:

    > I don't know. It shows different things on each of my DVD players. The
    > level and style of support for chapters in VCDs and SVCDs on DVD
    > players varies widely.
    >
    > When you advance to the second track, what does the display show? On
    > some of my players, it shows nothing, on the other one I see the
    > current track number and the time remaining on the disc.
    I see: track 1 and the total viewed time.
    MatFox Guest

  6. #6

    [email]MatteoXYZ1963excite.it[/email] (MatFox) wrote:
    >I have a file ready to be burt as a 50mins VCD.
    >
    >But if I create a VCD with this file, then I will end up with one
    >chapter lasting the whole 50mins.
    >
    >Is there a way to make shorter chapters for a VCD, so I can decide to
    >skip a certain part of the file and go to the next?
    Assuming you use Toast to burn your VCDs, Toast sees each file you
    give it as a "chapter". Give it 3 files, it sees 3 chapters. Burn
    that, and youyr DVD player (likely) displays total time when you load
    in the VCD, but it will be able to advance to each "chapter", and if
    it has a time display, it will display the correct time for each
    chapter as it plays it.

    -Steve Makohin | Reply to [email]wateredginterlog.com[/email]
    | (hotmail acct is spam catcher)
    Steve Makohin Guest