Professional Web Applications Themes

Veritas reinstallation failing - Windows Server

I am trying to install Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 for Win Servers, on a Domain Controller/ Terminal Services Server, but it errors out. It was installed and running fine until we changed domains and after bringing the server up on the new domain as a DC, veritas wouldn't work. It was still an installed program, but didn't show up in the add/remove programs. Also, the MSSQL Server services were no longer available, which from what i understand, catalogues all the data for Veritas. I have tried to reinstall the SQL (MSDE) Desktop Engine but it won't finish installation. So when ...

  1. #1

    Default Veritas reinstallation failing

    I am trying to install Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 for Win Servers, on a
    Domain Controller/ Terminal Services Server, but it errors out.

    It was installed and running fine until we changed domains and after
    bringing the server up on the new domain as a DC, veritas wouldn't
    work. It was still an installed program, but didn't show up in the
    add/remove programs. Also, the MSSQL Server services were no longer
    available, which from what i understand, catalogues all the data for
    Veritas.

    I have tried to reinstall the SQL (MSDE) Desktop Engine but it won't
    finish installation. So when I run the Veritas installation it stops
    when it looks for MSDE.

    If anybody has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

    Thanks in advance.
    jblaze Guest

  3. #3

    see if veritas shows up in services if so try stopping the
    service and then do the install.same for sql. if this does
    not work may be worth a call to veritas, have had some
    wild problems with veritas that they helped me out with.
    good luck

    scott Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Veritas reinstallation failing

    We had the same issue at one point,

    troubleshot for days with Veritas, gave up, offloaded the data to a 2nd
    server, then blew it away, rebuilt it with exactly the same components as
    the previous build,

    The problem never returned.

    I know this may not be what you were looking for, but it worked.

    Diane

    "scott" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    see if veritas shows up in services if so try stopping the
    service and then do the install.same for sql. if this does
    not work may be worth a call to veritas, have had some
    wild problems with veritas that they helped me out with.
    good luck

    Diane McCorkle Guest