On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:22:34 -0400, Karen Wheless <karen.whelessverizon.net> did write:
> I don't know if this is just me or if other Verizon customers have this
> problem, but just recently, I completely lost my ability to use my
> router.
Nothing to do with the service provider. Your router might be broken or
it might need to be reset.
> getting a
> router set up with PPPoE sometimes seems like voodoo - even following
> the directions exactly doesn't always get results.
I have a DLink - I just entered the username and password, basically.
The setup was trivial.
> Verizon does support a router setup, but only using a Linksys router.
No problem with the DLink. I strongly suspect you can use a very
wide variety of routers.