Professional Web Applications Themes

Very Happy Customer - Macromedia Freehand

Good news, Curtis. no, make that "great news." For comparison's sake, what's your config specs - platform, RAM, OS, that sort of thing? Cheers. Max ____________ Max MacDonald Toronto...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Very Happy Customer

    Good news, Curtis. no, make that "great news." For comparison's sake, what's your config specs - platform, RAM, OS, that sort of thing? Cheers.

    Max
    ____________
    Max MacDonald
    Toronto
    maxman23 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Please forgive me for I am new to this forum. I just upgraded to OS X and Freehand MX. For the life of me I cannot figure out why I cannot apply colour to a grouped object without ungrouping it or subselecting. I never had a problem with such an elementary task in al previous versions.

    Perhaps you have the answer.

    Thanks.

    CALEGO webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Curtis,

    From what I have seen with the update, I am quite happy. I still have a problem with moving large grouped vector objects which take forever to move, clone, copy & paste etc. MM said in the bug fix release that they fixed it, but I experience the same issue as 11.0.

    Regards,
    David

    davecc webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Specs:
    G4 450 OSX 10.2.6 256MB Ram -please no comments on RAM, I only get it if I buy it myself... another story.
    Other than the spinning beachball that EVERYONE has, OSX is a joy to use every day. I SWEAR.

    I am far too busy to give anything but hit and run help, so I only post when I can, sorry.
    After reading detailed descriptions of how to set up my defaults re: subselect/superselect (THANKS EVERYONE!), my workflow is better than usual.
    That is a GLOWING endorsement. It is already better than 10. I say upgrade if you need an opinion.
    I can only comment on the jobs given to me in my Friday workflow and so far printing is faster, dragging color swatches are accurate, anti aliased doent is beautiful, scrolling is responsive, etc.
    Have not tried any effects. Most of my clients will never use them, or will do it correctly in Photoshop.
    The only things I notice are:
    1. I can't dock the Tools in a single file on the left (my old layout).
    2. If I drag an open window behind the top toolbar, I can't drag it back. OSX only allows dragging from the top title bar.
    3. Although keyboard response is MUCH better (toggle between toolzoom/select), there is still the problem of when I use a dialog box in a panel or toolbar, like typing in a font size, keyboard shortcuts are dead until I click back on the page. Does that happen to anyone else?

    All in all, I'm loving every minute. I think I actually giggled once, but I mustn't let the boss hear that...

    THANKS MACROMEDIA!!
    Betcha you'd never thought you'd hear that again!
    (I'll be baaaaaack....)

    -Curtis
    New FH11 user
    Acumowchek webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    1. I can't dock the Tools in a single file on the left (my old layout).

    in w2000, to dock Tools, try this. first dock to the left some other toolbar, Xtra tools for example, then drag Tools onto that toolbar, Tools should dock now. Now remove Xtratools and set Tools position as you like. Note that it undocks if you grab it from the top and try to lift up so better grab the toolbar from the lower edge.

    Marek

    veeall webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Default Docking the toolbar...

    Marek,

    I can't tell you how helpful this tip is! I have been trying to dock my main
    tool bar forever, without success! Thanks.

    Let hope this bug was knocked out in 11.0.1

    Lynn

    "veeall" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > 1. I can't dock the Tools in a single file on the left (my old layout).
    >
    > in w2000, to dock Tools, try this. first dock to the left some other
    toolbar, Xtra tools for example, then drag Tools onto that toolbar, Tools
    should dock now. Now remove Xtratools and set Tools position as you like.
    Note that it undocks if you grab it from the top and try to lift up so
    better grab the toolbar from the lower edge.

    > Marek

    Lynn Guest

  7. #7

    David,

    I have tried reproducing this but have been unsuccessful.

    Can you provide any details about what you are trying that may help me reproduce the issue?

    Regards,
    John J Nosal
    Product Team Liaison - FreeHand
    Macromedia Tech Support

    In <bjt99a$790$1forums.macromedia.com> "davecc" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Curtis,
    >
    > From what I have seen with the update, I am quite happy. I still have
    > a problem with moving large grouped vector objects which take forever
    > to move, clone, copy & paste etc. MM said in the bug fix release that
    > they fixed it, but I experience the same issue as 11.0.
    >
    > Regards,
    > David

    John J Nosal Guest

  8. #8

    John,

    Thanks for the response. If you would like, I can send you a file that is giving me grief.

  9. #9

    CALEGO,

    Just a quick aside about the way grouped objects and the whole objects palette works. I think internal to MM they love the way this behavior works and there are some people in this forum who love the way this works. I however can think of a million (hyperbole) reasons why it really really stinks for basic object manipulation.

    If you and any other people really want this behavior changed you are going to have to absolutely "HAMMER THE MM WISH LIST LIKE YOUR VERY LIVES DEPEND ON IT!!!" If the people reading the wishes dont see a thousand " I hate the way the objects palette works" it will never, ever get changed.

    It will take a while to get used to the objects palette and how it deals with grouped shapes, but it can be done.

    Pappy

    Pappy Guest

  10. #10

    David,

    Yes, please send me a sample file that demonstrates this issue. Please archive the file in ZIP or SIT format prior to sending it to me.

    [email]jnosalmacromedia.com[/email]

  11. #11

    Veeall, thank you, your suggestion for docking the toolbar worked! This is why I come here. ANSWERS!

    David, I can only comment on daily workflow at his point. So far no multi page or complex files to report on. The wonderful new raster effects slow my machine to a crawl, but I blame my lack of ram.
    Redraw on the sample file "Apples", takes about 45 seconds to open and 30 seconds after a move. As long as I don't crash, I can live with it. I get paid by the hour... but if it was a FREELANCE job... ;-)
    I would recreate any effects in Photoshop.
    If I get a complex file, I set the screen preference resolution to low, and hop back and forth as needed.

    John, if I haven't thanked you in the last five minutes, I'll do so now. Thank you (and MM) for keeping the dream alive.
    Day four of production, still happy.

    -Curtis
    New FHMXa User - Old FreeHand Abuser
    G4 450, OSX 10.2.6 256mb Ram