Professional Web Applications Themes

very OT (WARNING!!! NOT to be read by overtly PC or thin skinned.) - Photography

Ahhh... but they will read anyway... I TRY to stay on topic in these NGs but often I am pulled off course by others who congregate en masse in the OT seats. Throughout my life I have enjoyed humor, often I hear something that SHOULD be humorous, yet I fail to see the connection. Sometimes I laugh out loud, sometimes I actually grimace. I hope humor never goes out of style or dies. If it ever does, I feel that it will be due to the overtly PC (By the way if "politically correct" is not an excellent example of ...

  1. #1

    Default very OT (WARNING!!! NOT to be read by overtly PC or thin skinned.)

    Ahhh... but they will read anyway...
    I TRY to stay on topic in these NGs but often I am pulled off course
    by others who congregate en masse in the OT seats. Throughout my life
    I have enjoyed humor, often I hear something that SHOULD be humorous,
    yet I fail to see the connection. Sometimes I laugh out loud,
    sometimes I actually grimace. I hope humor never goes out of style or
    dies. If it ever does, I feel that it will be due to the overtly PC
    (By the way if "politically correct" is not an excellent example of
    oxymoron, I do not know what is) or thin skinned. My nephew told me
    the following joke:

    [[[ Please note that it is NOT politically correct and may offend
    those who are overly sensitive, humorously "challenged", thin skinned,
    feeling bad about themselves, spoiling for a fight or just plain need
    an excuse to see their words in print in front of many. Please also
    note that it is not a "new" joke unless you never heard it before. It
    may have never been in style but I laughed when I heard it. You have
    been warned, do not complain, whine, rant, moan etc. ]]]

    Q: Why don't blind people often skydive?
    A: Because it scares the sh*t out of their Seeing Eye dogs!

    I know… a lot of wasted space for a relatively stupid joke… I guess I
    am just pointing out that not everyone is so easily offended by every
    joke, as this was told to me by my blind nephew.

    ZONED! Guest

  2. #2

    ZONED! wrote:

    When was the "Sick Joke" craze in effect?

    e.g.: Mrs Williams, can Johnny come out and play?

    You _know_ he's quadraplgic!

    That's OK. We want to use him for second base.

    (Budda-bing)

    Frank Guest

  3. #3

    > Q: Why don't blind people often skydive?

    I told that to a blind friend of mine. He came right back, and said "Oh,
    they DO skydive. You know how they tell when to pull the rip-cord?"

    "How?"

    "When the leash goes limp."

    steve

    Steve Guest

  4. #4

    "ZONED!" <net> wrote in message

    Your post is actually permitted by the charter of this newsgroup. When
    off-topic posts are made, using OT in the subject is mandated. However, if
    you're going to post OT, make it funnier and spare us the big wind up unless
    it is a side-splitter. ;)

    True211 Guest

  5. #5

    On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:20:49 -0500, "True211" <com>
    wrote:

    >Your post is actually permitted by the charter of this newsgroup. When
    >off-topic posts are made, using OT in the subject is mandated. However, if
    >you're going to post OT, make it funnier and spare us the big wind up unless
    >it is a side-splitter. ;)
    >
    >[/ref]
    Sorry my Nephew is not that funny *s*
    ZONED! Guest

  6. #6

    On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:13:36 -0700, "Steve Wolfe" <com>
    wrote:

    > I told that to a blind friend of mine. He came right back, and said "Oh,
    >they DO skydive. You know how they tell when to pull the rip-cord?"
    >
    > "How?"
    >
    > "When the leash goes limp."
    >
    >steve
    >
    >[/ref]
    picturing a looooooooooooooong leash! LOL!
    ZONED! Guest

  7. #7

    Made my day.....and I needed a good laugh today.

    Bob S.

    BobS Guest

  8. #8

    Frank ess wrote:

    > When was the "Sick Joke" craze in effect?
    >
    > e.g.: Mrs Williams, can Johnny come out and play?
    >
    > You _know_ he's quadraplgic!
    >
    > That's OK. We want to use him for second base.
    >
    > (Budda-bing)[/ref]

    "Mommy! Daddy smells funny!"

    "Shut up, Junior - just eat around the rotten parts!"

    (Badda-barf)

    Bob Guest