Professional Web Applications Themes

Viewing Graphics - FileMaker

I have a customer who has created a nice Filemaker PRO 6 database and published it to the web. They design and produce artwork for their customers The database allows their customers to view a graphic (at the moment a JPG) which is an image of some design work they are doing for them. As this is supposed to be an online system the size of these graphic files is crucial to the success of the application, and at the moment they are either too big to be practical, or too small to be of any use ! What I ...

  1. #1

    Default Viewing Graphics

    I have a customer who has created a nice Filemaker PRO 6 database and
    published it to the web.

    They design and produce artwork for their customers

    The database allows their customers to view a graphic (at the moment a JPG)
    which is an image of some design work they are doing for them.

    As this is supposed to be an online system the size of these graphic files
    is crucial to the success of the application, and at the moment they are
    either too big to be practical, or too small to be of any use !

    What I really want to find for them is an activeX component that can be used
    by a browser to deal with the graphic file a bit better. Ideally it would
    give a "thumbnail" of the image when first viewed, without dragging the
    whole image down. It would then allow you to zoom into the image,
    downloading parts of the image on demand. The thumbnail could be a separate
    file although I'd prefer not.

    So my questions are:-

    1) Can you bolt in activeX components to Filemaker PRO 6 web applications.
    2) Does anyone know of such a component, or anything similar which may point
    in the right direction.

    TIA

    Chris

    Freeserve Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Viewing Graphics

    hello
    you could do exactly what you want if you use Php connected to the
    Filemaker.
    Otherwise using an active X for the end user is maybe not the right way
    to achieve what you need.

    Another way is to use the "scripting" system in Photoshop to create
    2 differents size and save them in 2 separates folder.
    You grab the filenames only and there you go.
    The rest is in regular html if you want.

    bye

    --
    E-STORY Storyboarding tool for multimedia company at :
    [url]http://storyboard.le-nomade.com[/url]

    Membre / Member of: [url]http://www.fmqc.ca[/url]
    Buy a canoe / Acheter un canoŽ : [url]http://canoe-canada.ca[/url]

    Le Nomade.Com Guest