Hi,
I have Mac OS X 10.2.6 and Virex 7.2 version 1.1.
I tried to scan the root directory with the command line version of
Virex, vscanx on an iMac DV+ and a PowerBook 12".
vscanx exit with a "Segmentation fault" message when scanning the SAME
file on both the machines.
I think that is because they have very similar Applications folder.
The last two lines of output are:

Scanning file /Applications (Mac OS 9)/QuickTime/PictureViewer
Segmentation fault[/quote]

To launch the scansion I do:
vscanx --config /Users/xfox/.virexconfig /

The .virexconfig file contains:
--secure
--exclude /Users/xfox/.virexexclude
--one-file-system
--ignore-links
--recursive
--atime-preserve
--move /Users/xfox/Doents/virex_quarantine_folder
--clean
--verbose
--summary
-

The .virexexclude file contains:
/dev/fd

When I check the version I get:
vscanx for Virex 7 for MacOSX v4.16.0
Copyright (c) 1992-2000 Networks Associates Technology Inc. All rights
reserved.
(408) 988-3832 LICENSED COPY - Mar 5 2002

Scan engine v4.1.60 for MacOSX.
Virus data file v4285 created Aug 13 2003
Scanning for 78372 viruses, trojans and variants.

This is a huge problem for me since it prevents to scan the entire disk
and makes the antivirus pratically worthless.
I read on this forum (http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/) that others have
the same problem and that it probably originates from the installed DAT
files.
I have always updated Virex with the built-in feature eUpdate and I
never altered the server settings in the preference pane.
Any suggestion?

--
Andrea "XFox" Govoni
ICQ UIN: 43488185