Professional Web Applications Themes

virtual directory - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

Our corporate website uses coldfusion. We have developed a web time entry system that also uses coldfusion. I am trying to setup the new timentry system as a virtual directory under our website. When I try to access the time system I get a coldfusion error. Can someone please instruct or direct me to doentation on how to do this....

  1. #1

    Default Virtual Directory

    Our corporate website uses coldfusion. We have developed a web time entry
    system that also uses coldfusion. I am trying to setup the new timentry system
    as a virtual directory under our website. When I try to access the time system
    I get a coldfusion error. Can someone please instruct or direct me to
    doentation on how to do this.

    triadwm Guest

  2. #2

    Hello! I'm having a hard time getting the virtual directory to work.

    Here's the setup:
    On my FMS computer, I have flvs located in the folder: X:\flash
    So, in the Macromedia/FMS/conf/_defaultroot_/defaultVHost_/vhost.xml, I made a
    virtual directory like this:
    <Streams>lrc;X:\flash</Streams>
    And then, in my flash, I set the contentpath to be: rtmp://myUrl/lrc/flvname
    I'm using FMS 2.0.3
    But its not working. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Does there need
    to be a main.asc somewhere in there?

    Thank you very much!

    -Heather Larkin

    larkinheather Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: virtual directory

    you shouldn't change the <streams> line instead you should do it on the <virtualdirectory> one
    funkysoul Guest

  4. #4

    I'm not sure I follow. Can you type an example?
    larkinheather Guest

  5. #5

    exactly how's it noted on the vhosts.xml
    funkysoul Guest

  6. #6

    you mean, like this:
    <Streams key="virtual key"><virtual directory>;actual directory></Streams>

    But what if I don't want to use a key?
    larkinheather Guest

  7. #7

    I'm having pretty much the same problem. I'm mapping e:\Flash\ to the alias
    "videos" (creative, I know)
    so my <VirtualDirectory> tag in vhost.xml has this in it:
    <Streams>videos;e:\Flash</Streams>

    Now, in my cliet side program, I'm calling "rtmp://ipaddy/appname/videos" as
    my content path, and then appending the flv names later.
    Clearly the correct syntax eludes me. Should I not substitute the alias for
    the instance name?
    Could someone give me a full example of a new NetConnection line?

    Thanks,

    --Joe

    Joe Wack Guest

  8. #8

    This is what I found while trying to get the VirtualDirectory to work on FMS 2.
    I had to leave the application directory in tact. I had no FLV files in it but
    otherwise it was the same. I also found that if I left out the main.asc file
    from the application root (ie. fms\applications\video\main.asc) then the videos
    would not stream from the virtual directory. The main.asc file I am using is
    actually the one from FCS 1.5 samples folder. Not sure if there is one for FMS
    2.0. I have only tried this with recorded video and not live streams.

    The rtmp address is rtmp://myserver/videos/virtualdirectory/video file name.
    Hope this helps someone. If more detail is needed I will post more.

    Robert

    usuhamlet_2001 Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks for the reply! I believe I've figured out what I was doing wrong.

    The virtual directory needs to be in the stream name itself, rather than the
    initial connection. So the .connect parameter would be
    "rtmp://ipaddy/appname/appinstance"
    and the stream name, when I reference it would just be:
    "videos/whatever.flv"

    I've found it also helps to have the FLVPlayback main.asc in the app folder,
    like usuhamlet says.

    Thanks again,
    Joe

    Joe Wack Guest

  10. #10

    Hello,

    Im having some trouble setting up my virtual directory.

    Ive modified the vhost.xml <virtualdirectory> tag with:

    <Streams>appName;D:\PATH\music</Streams>

    for my connection im using

    "rtmp://IPADDRESS:1935/music";

    i can connect successfully to the server, however my application is not
    finding the file.

    in my virtual directory, how do i structure the directories? I am planning on
    using the following:

    D:\PATH\music\1
    D:\PATH\music\2
    D:\PATH\music\3

    where the media files will be stored in each numbered directory.

    do all my media files need to be in

    D:\PATH\music

    or can i make subdirectories and target them using

    "rtmp://IPADDRESS:1935/music/1";
    "rtmp://IPADDRESS:1935/music/2";
    "rtmp://IPADDRESS:1935/music/3";

    Any help would be appreciated.

    thanks!

    fmeenz Guest

  11. #11

    I've moved on to Flash Streaming Server v3, and I think the connection syntax
    has changed. Which version are you using?

    For example, if your server's IP is 192.168.1.32 your app name is Jukebox, and
    the file you're playing is sinatra.mp3 stored in the D:\PATH\Music\2 folder,
    and you've set the virtual directory to map D:\PATH\Music to Jukebox, then...

    For v2:
    netconnection:
    "rtmp://192.168.1.32/jukebox/instance"
    streamname:
    "jukebox/2/sinatra.mp3"

    For v3
    You can do everything in one string, like so:
    rtmp://192.168.1.32/jukebox/mp3:/jukebox/2/sinatra.mp3;
    ^IPADDY ^APP ^TYPE ^VDir ^SubDir ^STREAM

    I *believe* that will work. YMMV.

    Joe Guest

  12. #12

    so this is my connection string

    rtmp://192.168.1.32/jukebox/mp3:/jukebox/2/sinatra.mp3 -

    do i need to use the .mp3 at the end if im using the mp3: call in the string?

    then i would just need to add ns.play(); to start the stream, correct?

    thanks!

    fmeenz Guest

  13. #13

    Not sure if you need the end filetype or not. Try it both ways and let me know!

    Good luck,

    --Joe
    Joe Guest

  14. #14

    ok --

    after a couple tests -- i couldnt get it all to work in one string, however
    this works --

    nc.connect("rtmp://IPADDRESS:1935/music/");

    ns.play("mp3:/198/1");

    works like a charm.

    thanks for your help!!

    fmeenz Guest

  15. #15

    That's great! Thanks for the update.

    Joe Guest

  16. #16

    just a weird note as well --

    when testing in the flash player (ctrl-enter) sometimes, i cant get the app
    to test correctly until i use File>Publish Preview>HTML.

    Not sure why this is happening, however someone else might have some issues
    that this could solve so i thought id note it here.

    thanks

    fmeenz Guest