Professional Web Applications Themes

Virus - Macromedia Shockwave

I was informed I received an email with a virus in it undetectible by McAfee or Norton. The file is jdbg.exe and I should locate this file if in my system and delete to the recycle bin. When I go to empty the recycle bin, the file's name is Microsoft Debugger Registration... Should I delete this file ?? Does it contain a virus?? Would this be some kind of sick joke. I will be glad to get rid of this file if I don't need it, but I just don't know what to do? Thanks for anyone's help out there. ...

  1. #1

    Default Virus

    I was informed I received an email with a virus in it
    undetectible by McAfee or Norton. The file is jdbg.exe
    and I should locate this file if in my system and delete
    to the recycle bin. When I go to empty the recycle bin,
    the file's name is Microsoft Debugger Registration...
    Should I delete this file ?? Does it contain a virus??
    Would this be some kind of sick joke. I will be glad to
    get rid of this file if I don't need it, but I just don't
    know what to do?
    Thanks for anyone's help out there.
    Connie
    Connie Upright Guest

  2. #2

    my pc got a virus, that norton cannot eliminate.i made
    the usual process, put pc in security mode and run anti
    virus, but this time it doesnt works. it sems i have to
    delete the infected files, but im afraid to delete
    important files and make worst. and, how do i replace
    those files?? i really dont know what to do. thank you
    telma Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: virus

    Telma;
    You did not mention the virus or the file name.
    Both are necessary for an accurate answer.

    However if the virus is in "System Volume Information" (System Restore
    data)
    Turn off/on System Restore to delete corrupted files:
    Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.
    Click System Restore Settings on left side.
    Check "Turn off System Restore", click OK, follow prompts and reboot.
    This deletes all Restore Points including corruption.
    Then go back and turn on system Restore and create a Restore Point.
    Otherwise:
    [url]http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itcommunity/newsgroups/faqsrwxp.asp[/url]

    Search here for the virus and a fix:
    [url]http://www.symantec.com/search/[/url]

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    An easier way to read newsgroup messages:

    "telma" <telmabaptistaportugalmail.pt> wrote in message
    > my pc got a virus, that norton cannot eliminate.i made
    > the usual process, put pc in security mode and run anti
    > virus, but this time it doesnt works. it sems i have to
    > delete the infected files, but im afraid to delete
    > important files and make worst. and, how do i replace
    > those files?? i really dont know what to do. thank you

    Jupiter Jones [MVP] Guest

  4. #4

    Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
    > Telma;
    > You did not mention the virus or the file name.
    > Both are necessary for an accurate answer.
    >
    > However if the virus is in "System Volume Information" (System Restore
    > data)
    > Turn off/on System Restore to delete corrupted files:
    > Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.
    > Click System Restore Settings on left side.
    > Check "Turn off System Restore", click OK, follow prompts and reboot.
    > This deletes all Restore Points including corruption.
    > Then go back and turn on system Restore and create a Restore Point.
    > Otherwise:
    > [url]http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itcommunity/newsgroups/faqsrwxp.asp[/url]
    >
    > Search here for the virus and a fix:
    > [url]http://www.symantec.com/search/[/url]

    If it is only one file, you can delete it an restore it from the .cab files
    on the CD or in c:\i386. Search in google how to do this exactly.

    Sandro Hardy Guest

  5. #5

    "Kermit" <kermitjmindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Is the file name jdbgmgr.exe a virus? I received an
    > email from a friend who said he found it on his computer
    > and I should delete it also. When I located it on my
    > computer it indicated "Microsoft Debugger Registr...".
    > It appears this might be a legitimate file. Please advise
    > if it should be deleted.
    No it is not a virus
    It is the Microsoft® Debugger Registrar for Java and yes the icon is a teddy
    bear
    there are a number of hoax messages that look like they come from Microsoft
    claiming you need to delete this file.
    They are fake.

    --
    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    "Kermit" <kermitjmindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Is the file name jdbgmgr.exe a virus? I received an
    > email from a friend who said he found it on his computer
    > and I should delete it also. When I located it on my
    > computer it indicated "Microsoft Debugger Registr...".
    > It appears this might be a legitimate file. Please advise
    > if it should be deleted.

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT] Guest

  6. #6

    I just installed Norton and ran a scan and it detected a file that is
    infected but can't be deleted. The file is DX3DRndr.exe and it's
    associated with the W32.gibe virus. I read the instructions on the site
    and deleted the registry entry associated with that file which is in the
    windows folder. How can I get rid of this file? Please help.
    Thanks.

    --
    Karen
    Jake's Site: [url]http://www.geocities.com/heartland/9820/jake.html[/url]

    Karen F Guest

  7. #7

    Go to [url]http://www.symantec.com/search/[/url] and search on W32.gibe.

    --
    Ken Blake
    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Ken Blake Guest

  8. #8

    Hi Karen,

    Hit ctrl+shift+escape, check for that file on the processes tab. If it
    exists, "end process" on it. Then you should be able to delete the file
    itself.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
    [url]http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/[/url]
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    [url]www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone[/url]
    Win98 Help - [url]www.rickrogers.org[/url]

    "Karen F" <bassethoundfrontiernet.net> wrote in message
    > I just installed Norton and ran a scan and it detected a file that is
    > infected but can't be deleted. The file is DX3DRndr.exe and it's
    > associated with the W32.gibe virus. I read the instructions on the
    site
    > and deleted the registry entry associated with that file which is in the
    > windows folder. How can I get rid of this file? Please help.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Karen
    > Jake's Site: [url]http://www.geocities.com/heartland/9820/jake.html[/url]

    Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers Guest

  9. #9

    activating. If it won't delete make darn sure you put it
    in Quarantine.
    Jake Guest

  10. #10

    There is a trojan virus in your shockwave player that was found by my
    anti-virus software. Its called trojan/gida-b, and is considered a high risk
    threat to anyone that has it installed on their computers. Please fix this as
    soon as you can

    goodie52 Guest