Professional Web Applications Themes

Virus Alert! *** PLEASE READ*** - Macromedia Director Basics

Hi All... I just opened my inbox to find roughly 20 or 30 emails all with blocked attachments. file attachment: INSTALLATION.exe The file attached to this email was removed because it is infected with the Worm.Automat.AHB virus. ----------- The email itself looks like a Microsoft update Patch see below... but contains a very harmful virus! follow this url for further information: [url]http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.swen.amm.html[/url] If you recieve such an email dont install the patch as you will infect yourself with a mass emailing virus! Microsoft All Products | Support | Search | Microsoft.com Guide Microsoft Home Microsoft Client this is the latest ...

  1. #1

    Default Virus Alert! *** PLEASE READ***

    -----------

    The email itself looks like a Microsoft update Patch see below... but
    contains a very harmful virus!

    follow this url for further information:
    [url]http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.swen.amm.html[/url]

    If you recieve such an email dont install the patch as you will infect
    yourself with a mass emailing virus!

    Microsoft All Products | Support | Search | Microsoft.com Guide
    Microsoft Home

    Microsoft Client

    this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003,
    ulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities
    affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as
    three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping your computer
    secure from these vulnerabilities, the most serious of which could allow an
    attacker to run executable on your system. This update includes the
    functionality of all previously released patches.

    System requirements Windows 95/98/Me/2000/NT/XP
    This update applies to MS Internet Explorer, version 4.01 and later
    MS Outlook, version 8.00 and later
    MS Outlook Express, version 4.01 and later
    Recommendation Customers should install the patch at the earliest
    opportunity.
    How to install Run attached file. Choose Yes on displayed dialog box.
    How to use You don't need to do anything after installing this item.

    Microsoft Product Support Services and Knowledge Base articles can be
    found on the Microsoft Technical Support web site. For security-related
    information about Microsoft products, please visit the Microsoft Security
    Advisor web site, or Contact Us.

    Thank you for using Microsoft products.

    Please do not reply to this message. It was sent from an unmonitored
    e-mail address and we are unable to respond to any replies.

    The names of the actual companies and products mentioned herein are
    the trademarks of their respective owners.

    Contact Us | Legal | TRUSTe
    2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use |
    Privacy Statement | Accessibility

    Andrew Kennedy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Virus Alert! *** PLEASE READ***

    Yeh, annoying isnt it?

    I've had about 200 in the last 9 hours or so... : But apparently,
    MailWasher works great. Gonna install it now ;)

    djmasala.com Guest