Professional Web Applications Themes

Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux - Linux Setup, Configuration & Administration

Anybody knows if there is any good virus scanning tools in Linux with sendmail? The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much! Brgds, Henry...

  1. #1

    Default Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

    Anybody knows if there is any good virus scanning tools in Linux with
    sendmail?
    The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the
    zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus
    definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

    Brgds,
    Henry

    Henry Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:36:22 +0800, Henry wrote:
    > Anybody knows if there is any good virus scanning tools in Linux with
    > sendmail?
    > The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the
    > zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus
    > definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

    see answers give it two other news groups

    Multi-posting is antisocial.

    If you are going to ask the same question in more than one newsgroup,
    crosspost. You conserve resources on NNTP servers, and other readers
    see the follow up answers and do not have to provide the same answer.

    It makes it much harder to keep track of a discussion.
    Also, once a reader has "read" a message in one group, they do
    not have to see it again unless someone has provided a follow up.

    To crosspost, just add a comma and the other newsgroup(s).

    If you do cross post, do not get carried away. Pick suitable groups.
    Example: for a scanner
    linux.redhat.install,comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp .periphs.scanners

    See [url]http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html[/url]

    crosspost.txt
    Bit Twister Guest

  3. #3

    26 Jun 2003 14:36 UTC, Henry typed:
    > The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the
    > zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus
    > definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!
    Try F-Prot for Linux. Deals with .zip, tar.gz files etc.

    Not sure how to integrate it with Sendmail, but there's some nice patches
    for available for exim fwiw.

    --
    I would love to go out with you tonight, but I can't...

    I've dedicated my life to linguini.
    Chiefy Guest

  4. #4

    Erik Saarts <erik!nospam!abiratas.ee> wrote in message news:<slrnbfmgfh.fmp.erikkodu.abiratas.ee>...

    > I second that, i'm using it with sendmail with amavisd-new (via milter).
    > Given that you have necessary unpackers, it can "automagically" unpack
    > pretty much anything that can be packed. Not too hard to set up either.

    It will become easier in the near future.... we are about to release
    stuff to make it easier to plug F-PROT into sendmail/qmail/postfix
    etc...
    > However i've noticed (not that it matters much in given context), that
    > it has problems with loooooong pathnames, when doing virus search over
    > filesystem(s).

    It does? Send me the details, please. There used to be a problem
    that it had a built-in limit of a 1000-byte filename, but that should
    have been fixed in 3.13.

    -frisk
    Fridrik Skulason Guest

  5. #5

    In article <fcd2fc13.0306270129.3a58c00eposting.google.com >, Fridrik Skulason wrote:
    >> However i've noticed (not that it matters much in given context), that
    >> it has problems with loooooong pathnames, when doing virus search over
    >> filesystem(s).
    >
    > It does? Send me the details, please. There used to be a problem
    > that it had a built-in limit of a 1000-byte filename, but that should
    > have been fixed in 3.13.
    >
    > -frisk
    Am using 4.10, anyway i emailed you the details (just notifying
    in case you didnt get my email for some reason).

    Erik
    Erik Saarts Guest