user account --> change account (click on account) --> related tasks --> my network passwords --> add --> login info properties --> set the server, user, password. Restart the XP machine, and it should work. Note: this method means that *anyone* logged into the XP machine will have access to the the server under the selected user name! --------------------------- And try this too: Control Panel -> User Accounts (pick user) -> Advanced (tab) -> Manage Passwords, you will see the loginID and password used for each server you login to, and they can be changed. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Bob [ip] => oregonbob2000@y [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 6 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> VisionFS - SCO

VisionFS - SCO

OS = Open Server 5.0.7 VisionFS = 3.10.905 Windows XP Computer Name = Poste21 Now the problem is: The username on windowsXP Pro client is "miche" without password and the user "miche" as been setup in visionfs and in SCO accounts manager. When login onto Windows XP with "miche" username I can't see her home directory, but I see root directory instead. When I do a visionfs status this is what I get: (POSTE21, root) ...... instead of (POSTE21,miche) I think someone as already use the station to acces vision tools with username root and password of root. Now even ...

  1. #1

    Default VisionFS

    OS = Open Server 5.0.7
    VisionFS = 3.10.905
    Windows XP Computer Name = Poste21

    Now the problem is:
    The username on windowsXP Pro client is "miche" without password and the
    user "miche" as been setup in visionfs and in SCO accounts manager.
    When login onto Windows XP with "miche" username I can't see her home
    directory, but I see root directory instead.

    When I do a visionfs status this is what I get:

    (POSTE21, root) ...... instead of (POSTE21,miche)

    I think someone as already use the station to acces vision tools with
    username root and password of root.

    Now even if i login with "miche" visionfs think that is root !

    Do I have to delete the profile of miche and rebuild it ?
    Or there is a command in windows to flush this problem ?

    --
    Patrice Brien
    ca

    Patrice Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: VisionFS

    Use the profedit to map miche on pc to miche on unix
    Cheers Peter

    On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 18:27:36 -0500, "Patrice Brien"

    Peter Guest

  3. #3

    "Patrice Brien" <ca> wrote in message

    Could someone have changed the XP user from root to miche? I think what you
    need to fix is on the XP, not ProfileEditor.

    See http://aplawrence.com/Bofcusm/1862.html

    Bob Guest

  4. #4

    Patrice Brien wrote:

    No real solution, but I have seen this before. With a packet sniffer
    I can watch the Windows machine send a login name that is different
    from the users login on the machine. Normally I see patterns
    like user "bob" identifies himself as "common" over the network.

    You can try this on XP:

    Select run from the start menu and enter
    control userpasswords2
    Select the Advanced property page and select Manage Passwords

    If you see anything strange then clear that entry.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Brown

    The Kingsway Group
    Mike Guest

  5. #5

    "Mike Brown" <ca> wrote in message news:ca... [/ref]

    Oh yes there IS a solution. We have discussed it in here many times before,
    so it is on google, but I can't think of the right keywords. The Windows XP
    user name is using a different network loginid, and needs to be corrected.
    Hey guys, one of you who knows this help me out!

    Bob Guest

  6. #6

    "Patrice Brien" <ca> wrote in message

    See this google link, via tinyurl.com:
    http://tinyurl.com/u735

    A Richard Seeder wrote:
    ----------------------------
    Next, use VisionFS encrypted passwords. Finally, XP does not always
    report the correct user name and password to VisionFS. Check this with
    "visionfs status".

    The solution is to set up XP to report correctly by defining the network
    user and password to use for the VisionFS server. You can do this by doing
    the following (disclaimer: I'm reporting this from memory, so the details
    may vary slightly):

    Click on control panel --> user account --> change account (click on
    ---------------------------

  7. #7

    On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:41:19 -0800, "Bob Meyers"
    <com> wrote:

    >Could someone have changed the XP user from root to miche? I think what you
    >need to fix is on the XP, not ProfileEditor.
    >
    >See http://aplawrence.com/Bofcusm/1862.html
    >[/ref]
    I think miche is visionfs admin, so it is normally mapped to root on
    the unix-box.
    Peter Guest

  8. #8

    Patrice Brien <ca> wrote:

    Sounds like the same thing discussed at
    http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/winauth.html

    --
    com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com
    Tony Guest

  9. #9

    Bob Meyers wrote: [/ref]

    > Oh yes there IS a solution. We have discussed it in here many times before,
    > so it is on google, but I can't think of the right keywords. The Windows XP
    > user name is using a different network loginid, and needs to be corrected.
    > Hey guys, one of you who knows this help me out![/ref]

    Well ... I was being philosophical about the general nature of just wanting
    to plug a windows machine into a network and having it work. There are many
    work arounds that will fix the problems as they appear, but if the real issue
    is 'just having it work' there is no real solution.

    I was one of the original posters to this problem. Do check out my post with
    "control userpasswords2", and you will find a menu that allows you to set up
    or clear the server vs. username/password mapping. Having wrong entries in
    it seem to be the root of the problem. Note, adding an entry will set up
    access for ALL users, great security if you happen to share the machine.

    AFAIK the only way to get to that particular control menu on most releases
    of XP is from the run command box.

    Give it a try and post the results back.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Brown

    The Kingsway Group