I had a strange problem today with Visionfs and a new Samba on
a Linux server.

System had been running for a couple of years with the Linux box
providing DHCP to the Windows PC's, and Wins to them and Visionfs.

Upgraded Samba and everything was fine until we had to restart
Visionfs. It would start, but it couldn't register its own
name on the network.

Curiously, Windows XP and 98 machines could still "see" the SCO
machine, although they could not print. Windows 95 boxes
couldn't see it at all.

The solution for the moment was to stop Samba, restart Visionfs,
and then restart Samba. Everything is happy after that, though
I remain a little puzzled as to what is going on here..

--
[email]tonyaplawrence.com[/email] Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: [url]http://aplawrence.com[/url]
Get paid for writing about tech: [url]http://aplawrence.com/publish.html[/url]