Professional Web Applications Themes

visual studio .net architect enterprise 2003 - ASP.NET Web Services

It is also possible you have an account that does not have proper permissions. Go into the Computer Manager (assuming an NT Kernel version of windows, ie 2000, XP, Server 2003) and check "Local Users and Groups" In the Groups folder, you should see: Debugger Users and VS Developers. Make sure your account is a member of both. If you do not have the rights to add yourself, you will need an admin to help out. If it is your machine, you probably created a new account for yourself (good idea), so log in under the original admin account and ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: visual studio .net architect enterprise 2003

    It is also possible you have an account that does not have proper
    permissions. Go into the Computer Manager (assuming an NT Kernel version of
    windows, ie 2000, XP, Server 2003) and check "Local Users and Groups" In the
    Groups folder, you should see: Debugger Users and VS Developers. Make sure
    your account is a member of both. If you do not have the rights to add
    yourself, you will need an admin to help out. If it is your machine, you
    probably created a new account for yourself (good idea), so log in under the
    original admin account and add your account.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    "van" <vandiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > I want to install Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Architect Enterprise 2003.
    I have check the IIS and ASP.NET, then have inserted cd1. it asked me for
    the prerequisite cd which i did and then re-inserted cd1 and completed the
    installation. Then i installed the msdn library and updated the services in
    step four. I even installed the windows component update for VS.NET 2003.

    > But am still having the same problem over and over again, which is:
    >
    > visual studio. net cannot create or open the application. the likeliest
    problem ifs that required components are not installed on the local web
    server. run the visual studio. net setup and add web development component.

    > I dont know if there is a special cd for the web development components
    or where to get it or if it is possible to download it? I have tried
    everything, check the IIS and ASP.NET, uninstalled and installed again but
    no result.

    > can someone please help.

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP] Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: vs.net architect enterprise 2003

    hi,

    thanks for the advice but am aleady log on as the administrator.
    regarding to a post which specifies exactly which cds to install;

    The correct discs for VS .NET Enterprise Architect are:

    Pre-requisite Disc
    VS .NET CD 1
    VS .NET CD 2
    Visual Source Safe CD
    Visio CD
    MSDN Library CD 1
    MSDN Library CD 2
    MSDN Library CD 3

    i install the cds again but am still having the same problem.

    deos anyone have any idea why?

    van

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) [MVP]" wrote:
    > It is also possible you have an account that does not have proper
    > permissions. Go into the Computer Manager (assuming an NT Kernel version of
    > windows, ie 2000, XP, Server 2003) and check "Local Users and Groups" In the
    > Groups folder, you should see: Debugger Users and VS Developers. Make sure
    > your account is a member of both. If you do not have the rights to add
    > yourself, you will need an admin to help out. If it is your machine, you
    > probably created a new account for yourself (good idea), so log in under the
    > original admin account and add your account.
    >
    > --
    > Gregory A. Beamer
    > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    > Think Outside the Box!
    > "van" <vandiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > hi,
    > >
    > > I want to install Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Architect Enterprise 2003.
    > I have check the IIS and ASP.NET, then have inserted cd1. it asked me for
    > the prerequisite cd which i did and then re-inserted cd1 and completed the
    > installation. Then i installed the msdn library and updated the services in
    > step four. I even installed the windows component update for VS.NET 2003.
    > >
    > > But am still having the same problem over and over again, which is:
    > >
    > > visual studio. net cannot create or open the application. the likeliest
    > problem ifs that required components are not installed on the local web
    > server. run the visual studio. net setup and add web development component.
    > >
    > > I dont know if there is a special cd for the web development components
    > or where to get it or if it is possible to download it? I have tried
    > everything, check the IIS and ASP.NET, uninstalled and installed again but
    > no result.
    > >
    > > can someone please help.

    van Guest

  3. #3