Professional Web Applications Themes

VisualStudio.NET ASP.NET App Question - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi! A quick technical qwuestion about setting up a new ASP.NET project in VisualStudio! The computer it is installed on does NOT currently have IIS installed, and therefor it will not let me create a new ASP.net app. Is there a way to trick it into letting me create a folder and do it, and then upload to my web server? Or is there a way to have it create the project on my remote web server and run from there? Any help would be great! jordan...

  1. #1

    Default VisualStudio.NET ASP.NET App Question

    Hi!

    A quick technical qwuestion about setting up a new ASP.NET project in
    VisualStudio! The computer it is installed on does NOT currently have IIS
    installed, and therefor it will not let me create a new ASP.net app. Is
    there a way to trick it into letting me create a folder and do it, and then
    upload to my web server? Or is there a way to have it create the project on
    my remote web server and run from there?

    Any help would be great!

    jordan

    Jordan Marton Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: VisualStudio.NET ASP.NET App Question

    Why dont you install IIS on this box?
    "Jordan Marton" <JMartonHAHAmarketaxess.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > A quick technical qwuestion about setting up a new ASP.NET project in
    > VisualStudio! The computer it is installed on does NOT currently have IIS
    > installed, and therefor it will not let me create a new ASP.net app. Is
    > there a way to trick it into letting me create a folder and do it, and
    then
    > upload to my web server? Or is there a way to have it create the project
    on
    > my remote web server and run from there?
    >
    > Any help would be great!
    >
    > jordan

    Showjumper Guest

  3. #3

    Well one of my boxes is XP Home, and the other is an office computer running
    2000Pro but I can't isntall because of the office! My DW testing server has
    IIS, but its not the /NET framework...

    "Showjumper" <shojumpergrkjashdjkf.com> wrote in message
    > Why dont you install IIS on this box?
    > "Jordan Marton" <JMartonHAHAmarketaxess.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > A quick technical qwuestion about setting up a new ASP.NET project in
    > > VisualStudio! The computer it is installed on does NOT currently have
    IIS
    > > installed, and therefor it will not let me create a new ASP.net app. Is
    > > there a way to trick it into letting me create a folder and do it, and
    > then
    > > upload to my web server? Or is there a way to have it create the project
    > on
    > > my remote web server and run from there?
    > >
    > > Any help would be great!
    > >
    > > jordan

    Jordan Marton Guest

  4. #4

    Okay now i got it. I dont know if you can have vs create projects on a
    remote box. You may want to post this on the dot newsgroups - the server is
    news.microsoft.com and post in microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    > Well one of my boxes is XP Home, and the other is an office computer
    running
    > 2000Pro but I can't isntall because of the office! My DW testing server
    has
    > IIS, but its not the /NET framework...
    >
    > "Showjumper" <shojumpergrkjashdjkf.com> wrote in message
    > > Why dont you install IIS on this box?
    > > "Jordan Marton" <JMartonHAHAmarketaxess.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi!
    > > >
    > > > A quick technical qwuestion about setting up a new ASP.NET project in
    > > > VisualStudio! The computer it is installed on does NOT currently have
    > IIS
    > > > installed, and therefor it will not let me create a new ASP.net app.
    Is
    > > > there a way to trick it into letting me create a folder and do it, and
    > > then
    > > > upload to my web server? Or is there a way to have it create the
    project
    > > on
    > > > my remote web server and run from there?
    > > >
    > > > Any help would be great!
    > > >
    > > > jordan

    Showjumper Guest

  5. #5

    will do! thanks!
    > Okay now i got it. I dont know if you can have vs create projects on a
    > remote box. You may want to post this on the dot newsgroups - the server
    is
    > news.microsoft.com and post in microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    > "Jordan Marton" <JMartonHAHAmarketaxess.com> wrote in message
    > > Well one of my boxes is XP Home, and the other is an office computer
    > running
    > > 2000Pro but I can't isntall because of the office! My DW testing server
    > has
    > > IIS, but its not the /NET framework...
    > >
    > > "Showjumper" <shojumpergrkjashdjkf.com> wrote in message
    > > > Why dont you install IIS on this box?
    > > > "Jordan Marton" <JMartonHAHAmarketaxess.com> wrote in message

    > > IIS
    > Is
    > > > then
    > project
    > > > on

    Jordan Marton Guest

  6. #6

    You might want to see if cassini works on the machine.

    [url]http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=7&tabid=41[/url]

    Chris

    "Jordan Marton" <JMartonHAHAmarketaxess.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > A quick technical qwuestion about setting up a new ASP.NET project in
    > VisualStudio! The computer it is installed on does NOT currently have IIS
    > installed, and therefor it will not let me create a new ASP.net app. Is
    > there a way to trick it into letting me create a folder and do it, and
    then
    > upload to my web server? Or is there a way to have it create the project
    on
    > my remote web server and run from there?
    >
    > Any help would be great!
    >
    > jordan

    Chris Williams Guest

  7. #7

    Awesome! I'll give that ago!

    "Chris Williams" <chrisdesignmojo.com> wrote in message
    > You might want to see if cassini works on the machine.
    >
    > [url]http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=7&tabid=41[/url]
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Jordan Marton" <JMartonHAHAmarketaxess.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > A quick technical qwuestion about setting up a new ASP.NET project in
    > > VisualStudio! The computer it is installed on does NOT currently have
    IIS
    > > installed, and therefor it will not let me create a new ASP.net app. Is
    > > there a way to trick it into letting me create a folder and do it, and
    > then
    > > upload to my web server? Or is there a way to have it create the project
    > on
    > > my remote web server and run from there?
    > >
    > > Any help would be great!
    > >
    > > jordan

    Jordan Marton Guest