Professional Web Applications Themes

Wacom Pen problem - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I have a new problem with my Graphire pen, using it on Photoshop 7.01. At a certain point it ceases to respond, that is I move the pen on the tablet and the cursor stands still. A few moments or minutes later it moves a little....however the same movement can be performed with the mouse with no proplem. Problem doesn't present itself with other applications. Reinstalled driver, rebuilt preferences, searched forums - there's a like problem about pen losing sensitivity - but I just cannot make it work as it did flawlessly for over two years. Any ideas? Oh... Windows ...

  1. #1

    Default Wacom Pen problem

    I have a new problem with my Graphire pen, using it on Photoshop 7.01.
    At a certain point it ceases to respond, that is I move the pen on the
    tablet and the cursor stands still. A few moments or minutes later it moves
    a little....however the same movement can be performed with the mouse with
    no proplem.
    Problem doesn't present itself with other applications.
    Reinstalled driver, rebuilt preferences, searched forums - there's a like problem about pen losing sensitivity - but I just cannot make it work as it
    did flawlessly for over two years.
    Any ideas?
    Oh... Windows XP.
    Enrique_Ivern@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Wacom Pen problem

    Have you checked for driver updates?
    Chris_Cox@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Does it just stop reponding or is it lagging out and taking time to catch up. Also, do you have a section of your wacom mapped out for photoshop or do you use the whole pad and does this happen at the exact same coords each time?
    Robert_Blackwell™@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Driver is last, 4.76-4
    Using whole area, and it happens all over.
    It starts lagging, then refuses to move, then maybe in some other area
    catches on, and maybe in a few seconds or minutes it starts again.
    Mouse works ok.
    Enrique_Ivern@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    your regular mouse, or the wacom mouse, maybe your nib needs replacing. Does the eraser side of your pen do the same thing?
    Robert_Blackwell™@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    On the same tablet, the Wacom mouse works ok.
    Enrique_Ivern@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    It could be your USB plug. Try the other plug on the machine
    or simply make sure the plug is well seated in the jack. I had strange problems with my tablet and the problem was solved when I unplugged and then replugged the tablet,
    Dave_London@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Over the past 6 years of using Photoshop and Wacom pens for a variety of employers and on my home system, I've noticed this behavior consinstently (again this is on multiple PCs, since Photoshop 5, and on a variety of USB and serial Wacom pens):

    1. Photoshop regularly stops reconizing pressure (but still gets mouse up/down events). This normally happens when I use Photoshop and other programs at the same time, switching between them (all day). At some point, going back to Photoshop, pressure won't be detected. This happened to me just now, and I have a very recent driver (Downloaded from Wacom last week) and photoshop 7.01. Pressure still shows up in the Wacom control panel, but not in Photoshop. This seems to happen to me pretty-much every day.

    2. From time to time the Wacom will stop controlling the mouse. Moving the pen away from the tablet for a few seconds, then bringing it back into range, normally fixes it, but since I got the latest driver from wacom last week, it seems like the only thing that fixes it is a reboot. This sounds like the problem Enrique is having, too.

    Anyone else experience this?

    ~Hanford
    hanford_lemoore@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Enrique

    I've got a similar problem with my Intuos. Last week at Photoshop world the tablets there weren't exhibiting this problem. The sesitivity was not the same as mine however. When I reduced the tip feel to a very low sensitivity like my own tablet, the tablet started to stall for a few minutes the same way that mine does. I also have the latest Wacom driver.

    Raymond
    Raymond_McKinley@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Well, at least I don't feel alone now.
    Thanks everybody.
    Enrique_Ivern@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Well, if it doesn't do it on the eraser or the mouse, I can't say whatelse it could be aside from getting a new nib...it's worth a shot. Or you could e-mail wacom about it.

    You could try pulling out your nib and putting it back in too...you never know.
    Robert_Blackwell™@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    I experience your problems: we have more than a dozen of systems, running win2k/xp/RH linux with imaing applications; some of them use psp7.0.1 (on win2k/xp) and sooner or later psp looses pressure control, other apps loose wacom at all. The only way to recover is for psp to delete the prefs (hidden is doents/.. folder) and for linux cycle the power or even to reload the driver.
    Dino_Roncalli@adobeforums.com Guest