Professional Web Applications Themes

wacom tablet - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I have seen reference to a wacom tablet and was wondering if anyone uses one and what benefits you get using one with PSE....

  1. #1

    Default wacom tablet

    I have seen reference to a wacom tablet and was wondering if anyone uses one and what benefits you get using one with PSE.
    George Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: wacom tablet

    George,

    I have the Wacom Graphire2, and I love it.

    I am able to be far more precise with the pen than I can be with a mouse.
    Added to that is the pressure-sensitivity of the pen/pad, which provides
    tool control not available with a mouse.

    I still use a mouse for most activity, and grab the pen when I need fine
    control.

    Byron

    Byron_Gale@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi George, I just got a Graphire 2 and hooked it up yesterday. It will be wonderful for drawing and tracing. It will take a while to get used to, but I am beginning to like it better by the hour.
    From what everybody says, they are great. You and I will find out,,,,,,,
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I've had my Wacom for over a year and I wouldn't go without it. I unplug it from the computer and plug on the laptop when I go outside to work ;-)

    It takes some use to, but eventually, all users find it incredibly fun to work with.

    Now that the Graphire3 is out... I can't resist for a 6 x 8 !

    Ray
    Raymond Guest

  5. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick_Smith@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  6. #6

    I just came home with my new wacom 4 x 5 tablet and I must say it does take some getting used to. using the pen, it seems to move the cursor WAY to fast for me. I have tried to slow the speed down by going to preferences, mouse, speed, etc. but it appears this only effects the mouse, NOT the pen. using the magnetic lasso tool, for example, I seem to have more control using the mouse then I do with the pen. maybe I just need to use it more and perhaps I will get used to the way it works. does anyone use the supplied mouse with there tablet? I prefer to use my logitech mx700 cordless optical mouse instead of the one that came with the wacom tablet.
    George Guest

  7. #7

    I've got the Cintiq and love it! No more hand-eye coordination thing. Draw directly on the image itself.

    Walt
    W_Bobrowski@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Wow, Walt! I'm sooo jealous.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Barbara

    After receiving you Challenge I am soooo jealous ... great work !!!!

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Grant--Huh?

    Maybe it's from imacgirl? I haven't had time to fool with the photo, alas.

    Barbara
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    woops

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    I have a wacom 6X8 and am most eager to learn to use it with the Challenge work. I certainly could not afford it but my wrists were getting so sore it was either $$$$ or quit computers. It's not only easier on the wrist but I can do quite a few things using the left hand and sitting back in my chair.
    Marty
    Marty_Landolt@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Now you have my attention Marty, as I sit here with a strip of cortisone-infused tape on my wrist! It's too bad my Christmas list is so long already. :(
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    Beth, I second what Marty just said. Suffering from pain in my right wrist and arm, I was unable to
    use a mouse for more than 30 minutes (after a full day of work, that is). The Wacom tablet has made
    it possible to use my home computer for hours without feeling the usually associated pain. And it's
    so small that I can pack it along with the laptop when I need to.

    Wacom's user testimonies : http://www.wacom.com/comfort/index.cfm

    Check their new offering, the Graphire3 6 x 8. I have a Graphire2 4 x 5 and it has become a little
    too small after 3 years. Now considering a 6 x 8.
    http://www.wacom.com/graphire/6x8.cfm

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  16. #16

    BETH,
    Glad to hear others are like me. I know you once said you had some Arthritis...(big pain in the ... wherever). I'm now in TN at my dauhters and trying to do the challenge. So far I have copied the very cute picture but have to work with her imaging software.
    She has the "divided" keyboard and I'm getting use to it. It does place the hands in a more normal position but I'm not good at finding the keys this way.
    RAY,
    I thought you had one. Gee, two wonderful helpers! When it comes to really learning the 'USE' of it I'll know whose door to RAP on (ha ha).

  17. #17

    My son was over Sunday, and I was getting the conversation moved toward Christmas. I was showing him the Wacom site, and he said he bought one three or four years ago to use with the computer that was his then and is now mine. I'm gettin' a "free" Wacom come next Sunday!! :) It's probably the smallest one, but the price is right, and it's already been tested with the computer I'm using. Woohoo!

    And, yes, the RA is kicking up again. I was symptom free for a year and a half, although not in remission. Such is life. Now that all of the broken bones have healed...
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    Marty, thanks to a very kind forum user, I just learned a new word : RAP (asside from being a
    musical genre, that is).

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  19. #19

    RAY, I tried to memorize that poem "Ravon" but gave up about 1/2 way through. I think that's where I got the word RAP.

    BETH, Already I have 2 knees replaced and the hips come next. Runs in the family and I hate to think I have handed it down to my daughter, Diane.
    I am about to send Grant my image for Challenge 38.
    Did it on Diane's computer with Photo Deluxe so dear knows what will come of it.