Professional Web Applications Themes

Wallstreet DVD Player Question - Mac Portable

I have a Wallstreet 233 MHz rev B. I purchased the Apple DVD kit for it back in 1999. Recently, the DVD player has been forgetting its region setting each time I remove the PC card and reinstall it, or shut down the machine. I can change the region setting four more times. It doesn't seem to be counting down, so it may not be a problem. My concern is if it does count down to zero, it could keep me from resetting the region to one. Any help understanding this unique problem would be appreciated. Brian Moore Sent using ...

  1. #1

    Default Wallstreet DVD Player Question

    I have a Wallstreet 233 MHz rev B. I purchased the Apple DVD kit for it
    back in 1999. Recently, the DVD player has been forgetting its region
    setting each time I remove the PC card and reinstall it, or shut down the
    machine. I can change the region setting four more times. It doesn't seem
    to be counting down, so it may not be a problem. My concern is if it does
    count down to zero, it could keep me from resetting the region to one. Any
    help understanding this unique problem would be appreciated.

    Brian Moore

    Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.

    Brian Moore Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Wallstreet DVD Player Question

    In article <BB44884B.955%bkmoorerapid.ocn.ne.jp>,
    Brian Moore <bkmoorerapid.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:
    > Recently, the DVD player has been forgetting its region
    > setting each time I remove the PC card and reinstall it, or shut down the
    > machine. I can change the region setting four more times. It doesn't seem
    > to be counting down, so it may not be a problem. My concern is if it does
    > count down to zero, it could keep me from resetting the region to one.
    I just "cancel" each time and it plays as well as it ever has.

    --
    Today, on Paper-view: Pulp Fiction!
    Howard S Shubs Guest

  3. #3

    In message <BB44884B.955%bkmoorerapid.ocn.ne.jp>, Brian Moore
    <bkmoorerapid.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:

    > I have a Wallstreet 233 MHz rev B. I purchased the Apple DVD kit for it
    > back in 1999. Recently, the DVD player has been forgetting its region
    > setting each time I remove the PC card and reinstall it, or shut down the
    > machine. I can change the region setting four more times. It doesn't
    seem
    > to be counting down, so it may not be a problem. My concern is if it does
    > count down to zero, it could keep me from resetting the region to one.
    Any
    > help understanding this unique problem would be appreciated.
    >
    > Brian Moore
    >
    > Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.

    I believe that if you search carefully, you might be able to find a tool
    that will patch the firmware of your drive to make it region-free. You have
    to use the tool that is specific to your exact model Of DVD drive, or you
    could damage it permanently.

    -Laurent.
    Laurent Daudelin Logiciels Nemesys Software
    mailto:laurent.daudelinihatespam.net <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
    Replace ihatespam with verizon to reply
    +++++++++++ Sent using an Apple Newton MessagePad 2100 ++++++++++

    Laurent Daudelin Guest

  4. #4

    > > back in 1999. Recently, the DVD player has been forgetting its region
    > > setting each time I remove the PC card and reinstall it, or shut down the
    > > machine. I can change the region setting four more times. It doesn't
    > I believe that if you search carefully, you might be able to find a tool
    > that will patch the firmware of your drive to make it region-free. You have
    One such site is <http://www.wormintheapple.gr/macdvd/download2.html>.
    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards Guest