Professional Web Applications Themes

WalMart wont print Butts! - Photography

blech writes: > IMHO, when using a computer keyboard, a spelling > mistake here and there say nothing about a persons > educational level. Typos are easy to distinguish from true spelling errors. Tihs is a typo; dis is a spelling mistake. -- Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me directly....

  1. #1

    Default Re: WalMart wont print Butts!

    blech writes:
    > IMHO, when using a computer keyboard, a spelling
    > mistake here and there say nothing about a persons
    > educational level.
    Typos are easy to distinguish from true spelling errors.

    Tihs is a typo; dis is a spelling mistake.

    Mxsmanic Guest

  2. #2

    Mark M wrote:
    >>Spelling, or lack of it, often identifies a persons educational level,
    >>and indicates his/her attention to conventional details. It can be a
    >>good indicator of the value of a person's opinion.
    >

    > Often times, spelling problems simply mean that a person is a fast typist.

    Or a 'half-fast' typist. Grin.

    Ron Hunter Guest

  3. #3

    CSM1 wrote:
    > "Brad" <meprivacy.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>In article <hh_Oa.19$Bd5.18fed1read01>, [email]mjmorgan2cox.net[/email] said...

    >>>Often times, spelling problems simply mean that a person is a fast
    >
    > typist.
    >
    >>You misspelled 'poor'
    >

    > You could use the spell checker before clicking "Send".

    That may knot always help. Grin.

    Ron Hunter Guest

  4. #4

    The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:
    > Lionel <nopalt.net> wrote:
    >

    >>On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:12:45 -0700, in <yr0Pa.72$Bd5.40fed1read01>,
    >>"Mark M" <mjmorgan2cox.net> said:
    >>

    >>>It may be poor form to miss a letter here or there, but it is even worse to
    >>>harp on someone over spelling.
    >>
    >>In general, yes, but not when they make multiple, trivial spelling
    >>errors in a post where they're calling an entire class of other people
    >>unintelligent.
    >

    > not to mention the fact that on usenet, our words are all we have to
    > represent us. we have no other indicator here. with that in mind, it's
    > not unreasonable to take the time or effort to make a clear, concise,
    > well-written post - and it's not unreasonable to hope that others will
    > do the same.
    >
    > some people are poor spellers, but that doesn't make them poor writers.
    > some people obviously have worthwhile and intelligent things to say but
    > don't have a natural propensity for the mechanics of writing; they
    > usually manage to make themselves understood in spite of that. likewise,
    > a lack of concern for the way one presents oneself in his or her writing
    > shines brightly, and such is the case with Allan. his poor formatting
    > and his poor writing style speak volumes.

    And some seem to have misplaced their shift key as well.

    Ron Hunter Guest

  5. #5

    Ron Hunter <rphuntercharter.net> wrote:
    > The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:
    >
    > > Lionel <nopalt.net> wrote:

    > >>In general, yes, but not when they make multiple, trivial spelling
    > >>errors in a post where they're calling an entire class of other people
    > >>unintelligent.
    > >

    > > not to mention the fact that on usenet, our words are all we have to
    > > represent us. we have no other indicator here. with that in mind, it's
    > > not unreasonable to take the time or effort to make a clear, concise,
    > > well-written post - and it's not unreasonable to hope that others will
    > > do the same.
    > >
    > > some people are poor spellers, but that doesn't make them poor writers.
    > > some people obviously have worthwhile and intelligent things to say but
    > > don't have a natural propensity for the mechanics of writing; they
    > > usually manage to make themselves understood in spite of that. likewise,
    > > a lack of concern for the way one presents oneself in his or her writing
    > > shines brightly, and such is the case with Allan. his poor formatting
    > > and his poor writing style speak volumes.
    > >

    > And some seem to have misplaced their shift key as well.
    golly gee, you're the *first* person to ever point that out!

    The Queen of Cans and Jars Guest

  6. #6

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:32:35 GMT, in
    <1fxw65j.17m77lwx1u4qlN%dhrravrohatzhapu.bet>, [email]dhrravrohatzhapu.bet[/email]
    (The Queen of Cans and Jars) said:
    >Ron Hunter <rphuntercharter.net> wrote:
    >> And some seem to have misplaced their shift key as well.
    >
    >golly gee, you're the *first* person to ever point that out!
    *sniff* *sniff*

    Hm, something smells like a flame war. ;)

    Lionel Guest

  7. #7

    Lionel <nopalt.net> wrote:
    > On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:32:35 GMT, in
    > <1fxw65j.17m77lwx1u4qlN%dhrravrohatzhapu.bet>, [email]dhrravrohatzhapu.bet[/email]
    > (The Queen of Cans and Jars) said:
    >
    > >Ron Hunter <rphuntercharter.net> wrote:
    > >> And some seem to have misplaced their shift key as well.
    > >
    > >golly gee, you're the *first* person to ever point that out!
    >
    > *sniff* *sniff*
    >
    > Hm, something smells like a flame war. ;)
    nah, i couldn't be less interested in a flame war. it's just that, you
    know, i think it's rather OBviously a stylistic choice as opposed to a
    lack of knowledge.
    The Queen of Cans and Jars Guest

  8. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Jeff Guest
    Moderated Post

  9. #9

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:12:27 +0200, Mxsmanic <mxsmanichotmail.com>
    wrote:
    >blech writes:
    >
    >> IMHO, when using a computer keyboard, a spelling
    >> mistake here and there say nothing about a persons
    >> educational level.
    To say nothing of what the spell checker and syntax checkers do to the
    whole works. Run those and you may end up with a whole new topic.

    [url]www.rogerhalstead.com[/url]
    N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

    >Typos are easy to distinguish from true spelling errors.
    >
    >Tihs is a typo; dis is a spelling mistake.
    Roger Halstead Guest

  10. #10

    As Ron Hunter <rphuntercharter.net> so eloquently put:
    [] >
    [] Spelling, or lack of it, often identifies a persons educational level,
    [] and indicates his/her attention to conventional details. It can be a
    [] good indicator of the value of a person's opinion.

    No it can't. Your ironic loss of proper punctuation on the possessive
    "persons" above (which should have been "person's") is one example. I
    know a lot of creative, educated, well worth listening to people who
    don't always display the best spelling, grammar or form.

    Don't be so binary people.

    Chris

    --
    "My current strat is actually a hollow tele."
    -- Fabio

  11. #11

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:28:04 +1000, Lionel <nopalt.net> wrote:
    >On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:45:15 -0700, in <hh_Oa.19$Bd5.18fed1read01>,
    >"Mark M" <mjmorgan2cox.net> said:
    >
    >>> Spelling, or lack of it, often identifies a persons educational level,
    >>> and indicates his/her attention to conventional details. It can be a
    >>> good indicator of the value of a person's opinion.
    >>
    >>Often times, spelling problems simply mean that a person is a fast typist.
    >
    >I generally find that fast typing causes two letter transposition typos,
    >rather than actual spelling errors.
    think about that. You just said that atttoo is not a spelling error.
    OTOH, both nat and ant are spelled correctly. but to say
    "a nat serves the queen" is not correct.

    z Guest

  12. #12

    On 7/10/03 9:32 PM, in article 1fxwbke.9me95h1b9k6frN%dhrravrohatzhapu.bet,
    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <dhrravrohatzhapu.bet> wrote:
    > Lionel <nopalt.net> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:32:35 GMT, in
    >> <1fxw65j.17m77lwx1u4qlN%dhrravrohatzhapu.bet>, [email]dhrravrohatzhapu.bet[/email]
    >> (The Queen of Cans and Jars) said:

    >>> golly gee, you're the *first* person to ever point that out!
    >>
    >> *sniff* *sniff*
    >>
    >> Hm, something smells like a flame war. ;)
    >
    > nah, i couldn't be less interested in a flame war. it's just that, you
    > know, i think it's rather OBviously a stylistic choice as opposed to a
    > lack of knowledge.
    Ala e.e. mings, eh?

    George Kerby Guest

  13. #13

    George Kerby <ghost_topperhotmail.com> wrote:
    > On 7/10/03 9:32 PM, in article 1fxwbke.9me95h1b9k6frN%dhrravrohatzhapu.bet,
    > "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <dhrravrohatzhapu.bet> wrote:
    >
    > > Lionel <nopalt.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:32:35 GMT, in
    > >> <1fxw65j.17m77lwx1u4qlN%dhrravrohatzhapu.bet>, [email]dhrravrohatzhapu.bet[/email]

    > >> *sniff* *sniff*
    > >>
    > >> Hm, something smells like a flame war. ;)
    > >
    > > nah, i couldn't be less interested in a flame war. it's just that, you
    > > know, i think it's rather OBviously a stylistic choice as opposed to a
    > > lack of knowledge.
    >
    > Ala e.e. mings, eh?
    i'm not a big fan, but i'm familiar with his work. i'm certainly not
    attempting to emulate him.

    if i were i'd
    do a
    lot
    of
    stuf
    like this

    and i'd annoy myself into an early grave doing it.

    The Queen of Cans and Jars Guest

  14. #14

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 04:42:51 GMT, in
    <c74vgv8fekerstd3lj76kslhkj9bnu4fhr4ax.com>, Not A Speck Of Cereal
    <XchrissherwoodXXcomcast.netX> said:
    >No it can't. Your ironic loss of proper punctuation on the possessive
    >"persons" above (which should have been "person's") is one example. I
    >know a lot of creative, educated, well worth listening to people who
    >don't always display the best spelling, grammar or form.
    >
    >Don't be so binary people.
    Now you've got me wondering whether your omission of a comma after the
    word 'binary' counts as ironic or not. ;)

    Lionel Guest

  15. #15

    As Lionel <nopalt.net> so eloquently put:
    [] <XchrissherwoodXXcomcast.netX> said:
    []
    [] >No it can't. Your ironic loss of proper punctuation on the possessive
    [] >"persons" above (which should have been "person's") is one example. I
    [] >know a lot of creative, educated, well worth listening to people who
    [] >don't always display the best spelling, grammar or form.
    [] >
    [] >Don't be so binary people.
    []
    [] Now you've got me wondering whether your omission of a comma after the
    [] word 'binary' counts as ironic or not. ;)

    Touche.

    Or does it make my point? ;^)

  16. #16

    If think about freedom, go to Europe. Forget American regime law.
    "George Kerby" <ghost_topperhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On 7/7/03 12:18 PM, in article
    > 070720031023507109%ptg701pacSPAMSbell.net, "Fat Freddy"

    States

    > >> Oh hell yes, I'd forgotten that you guys had that nutcase. How on earth
    > >> has he managed to hold onto his job?
    > >
    > > He also belongs to a religious cult where the followers go into a
    > > trance, get possessed by "the spirit", and babble incoherently which
    > > they call "talking in tongues."
    > >
    > > This must be the key to his success since the guy that appointed him is
    > > also incoherent and usually in a trance.
    >
    > Are you just upset because your cat took another crap in your shoe?

    [url]http://www.uncensored-news.com[/url]
    <><><><><><><><>

    Andy Guest

  17. #17

    English a second language to you, eh, commie dwarfbrain?
    > If think about freedom, go to Europe. Forget American regime law.
    > "George Kerby" <ghost_topperhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> On 7/7/03 12:18 PM, in article
    >> 070720031023507109%ptg701pacSPAMSbell.net, "Fat Freddy"

    > returning
    > wrapped

    > States

    >>> He also belongs to a religious cult where the followers go into a
    >>> trance, get possessed by "the spirit", and babble incoherently which
    >>> they call "talking in tongues."
    >>>
    >>> This must be the key to his success since the guy that appointed him is
    >>> also incoherent and usually in a trance.
    >>
    >> Are you just upset because your cat took another crap in your shoe?

    > [url]http://www.uncensored-news.com[/url]
    >> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
    > <><><><><><><><>

    George Kerby Guest

  18. #18

    I repeat:" If You think about freedom go to Europe. Forget American regime
    law". I do not have to mention that I'm right.For example America is a
    country where a doctor can't help dying unconscious person without his
    permission, because can be sued for millions of dollars for molesting him
    ..You will be very amazed how much more freedom have European people.
    Regardless my English As a Second Language, I'm proud of that . I can speak
    also Italian, Russian, Spanish and Polish , so I can communicate with almost
    any body on earth. My knowledge of those languages helped me a lot to find
    many friends around the world whom I found over internet and Paltalk . How
    about You , You American crackhead ?

  19. #19

    Andy writes:
    > For example America is a country where a doctor
    > can't help dying unconscious person without his
    > permission, because can be sued for millions of
    > dollars for molesting him.
    He wouldn't help him, anyway, since an unconscious patient cannot prove
    that he has the means to pay for his medical care.

    Mxsmanic Guest

  20. #20

    Andy spouts:

    >I repeat:" If You think about freedom go to Europe. Forget American regime
    >law". I do not have to mention that I'm right.For example America is a
    >country where a doctor can't help dying unconscious person without his
    >permission, because can be sued for millions of dollars for molesting him
    >.You will be very amazed how much more freedom have European people.
    >Regardless my English As a Second Language, I'm proud of that . I can speak
    >also Italian, Russian, Spanish and Polish , so I can communicate with almost
    >any body on earth. My knowledge of those languages helped me a lot to find
    >many friends around the world whom I found over internet and Paltalk . How
    >about You , You American crackhead ?
    Delightful. If your reading comprehension is as great as your fluency in
    writing, then it's no damned wonder you don't have a clue. Keep on with the
    Spanish, though. Latinos currently make up 38% of the U.S. population and the
    numbers are growing.

    Charlie Self

    I think we agree, the past is over.
    George W. Bush