Are there any benefits to using a web content root that differs from the CF
application root of (on Windows)
\JRun4\servers\INSTANCENAME\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\ ?

Doing this forces you to put your CF code and static assets in different
places, and I don't see what benefit it provides - it's theoretically not
dangerous to have your CF code in the web content tree because the web server's
extension mapping for .cfm .cfc etc is supposed to take care of it. I couldn't
find anything in the doentation outlining the pros and cons of one way or
the other - just "you can do it this way, or this other way".

Thanks for any help, Chris