Professional Web Applications Themes

Web Page - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I should like to construct a web page. Any suggestions from this sophisticated group? Of course, I have Notepad but are there other HTML editors with templates which should facilitate the process, I believe. Ken...

  1. #1

    Default Web Page

    I should like to construct a web page. Any suggestions from this sophisticated group? Of course, I have Notepad but are there other HTML editors with templates which should facilitate the process, I believe.
    Ken
    Kenneth Liffmann Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Web Page

    Would this be a page for displaying pictures? If so, have you looked at the Elements options under Save for Web? I've created some nice pages with it. Depending on your needs, it may or may not need further work.
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    Keneneth,

    I've used (at the office) Microsoft Frontpage 2002 and it's really easy to
    use, and can get as technical as you'd like. In past, for my personnal
    usage, I've also used AceHtml ([url]http://www.visicommedia.com/acehtml/[/url]).
    They've been in the business for quite some time now (five or six years I
    think) and the package is now very professional, at a consumer price.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  4. #4

    Kenneth

    See if the following URL gets you to the page for downloading Netscape 4.79.

    <http://wp.netscape.com/download/0509102/10000-en-win32-4.79-complete-128_qual.html>

    Hope this works for you.

    Al
    Al Millstein Guest

  5. #5

    Netscape 4.79.

    Surely there's a more up to date version than that, Al? For mac they're up to 7.02. Anyway, it still includes composer--doesn't have the "canned" pages that Front Page does, but also doesn't produce code that tends to not to render on anything but IEwin.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  6. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  7. #7

    Al Millstein
    >I think you have to play around with the Netscape version in terms of what Windows operating system you have. For example, I have two computers. The older one has Windows 98, and wouldn't operate Netscape with anything beyond 4.something, so it remains with Netscape 4.7.

    I have Windows 98 and Netscape 7.02 works just fine.

    Dave

    Dave Hamer Guest

  8. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  9. #9

    Thanks for all this info.
    I have WIN-XP and also use Internet Explorer. I looked around the many programs that came already installed with the computer, and under ALL PROGRAMS>INTERNET EXPLORER (after "games" in the list) there is >Web Publishing Wizard. Perhaps this is a cousin to Netscape Composer. I can not find out anything about it - no help files that I can see.
    Ken
    Kenneth Liffmann Guest

  10. #10

    Both Netscape and Microsoft have made free web authoring tools. Netscape
    made Composer and Microsoft made a free version of FrontPage both were very
    good and while there were difference they didn't add up to much. Way back
    in the dark ages of the web I taught Doreen how to do HTML using one of
    these programs and while it doesn't really matter I can't remember which
    one. I suspect that the only one still available is Composer and it is a
    very good place to start. In any event you can check out her first effort to
    see what they can do at [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~doreen.dixon/ddcanoe.htm[/url]

    Now, after creating and maintaining a number of web sites on a professional
    level Doreen has move on to my Favourite product Homesite but this is not
    for those that don't know how to hand roll HTML.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  11. #11

    I used to do everything in... Notepad ! Honnest! In 1994.

    Since then, things have changed a bit (for the best, that is!) :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  12. #12

    I used to do everything in... Notepad ! Honnest! In 1994

    Ray, lots of people still do. You'd be amazed how many people come to the Apple support forum asking why the one mac in their office can't see their webpage. The first question is always, "notepad?"

    EDIT I should mention for those who don't know that you can make a decent webpage in notepad, Appleworks or anything else as long as you know enough to be able to go in and clean up the code afterwards. All the apps which have web page creation as a subset of what they do tend to generate pretty junky code if you plan to just rely on "save as HTML." But if you know what you're doing they can work just fine.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  13. #13

    No, it's from the IT dept, it's used to test the webpage for compatibility
    issue (so I've been told).

    It's teal. But I would have bought only to familiarize myself with Mac.
    They sell computers all the time at a fixed 100 C$ (73 U$). So I've figured
    this would have come cheap, somehow, for a learning tool.

    And once I would have been done with it, I would have given it to my
    brother, who still uses a Mac LC... the LC, btw, is living on borrowed
    time. Many of his applications requiring updates do no support Mac OS 8,
    which my brother's computer is still running. I'm not sure but I think it
    Mac OS 8 (or perhaps 7).

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  14. #14

    Comcast cable provided me with 25 mb of space for web pages. But that is
    all, just the space, no software and no support.

    The only thing I have is a page that has my C: on the left and on the right
    is my web page (which is blank execpt fot the default index page).

    I made two pages with Publisher and sent them to "my web page" here but it
    did not work. Calling comcast cable they said they were not compatable with
    Publisher.

    None of this makes any sense to someone that knows nothing about these darn
    things.

    Oh Comcsat cable did say to go to this site:
    [url]http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/reference/javascript_code_library/[/url]

    But that does not answer my questions of just how the heck I get pages to
    where they go once I do them. If anyone thinks they can help I have a
    screen shot of that publishing page from comcast. Maybe someone here
    already uses it. Hope!

    Pete

    (Grant, I know I should be working on something else. I will be sending
    very soon)

    Pete D Guest

  15. #15

    Pete,

    Publisher can create website, but it has no means to upload them to your
    website. So, the information you need is the ftp site (many service
    providers use this mean to upload webpages). You'll also need to know your
    username / password for this ftp server (sometimes, they differ from the
    ones of your cable connection). Other softwares will publish your website
    directly from the editor, like Frontpage. But to do so, the service
    providers needs to support Frontpage (not all do).

    Then, you can upload your html pages and images to your website using the
    ftp command (or a small utility downloaded from the internet) in Windows.

    Ray
    P.S. I'm home today, so write to me if you need more help. I've been there
    before, so perhaps I can help :) [email]carbonevideotron.ca[/email]

    Ray Guest

  16. #16

    Netscape 7.1 is out for all platforms today:

    <http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/>
    Barbara Brundage Guest