Professional Web Applications Themes

Web page design in Safari - Mac Networking

This is silly. Last year I played around with various web page design packages, including Netscape Composer, Internet Explorer, the web page design resource in MSWord, and, I could have sworn, Safari. I certainly have a trial home page represented in my folder with a Safari icon. SO: can anyone remind me how one actually gets Safari to act as a web page design aid (like Composer in Netscape)? Is there a button to press or a command that switches it into design mode? Failing that, is there a design feature in Internet Explorer? This must be how Alzeheimer's begins... ...

  1. #1

    Default Web page design in Safari

    This is silly. Last year I played around with various web page design
    packages, including Netscape Composer, Internet Explorer, the web page design
    resource in MSWord, and, I could have sworn, Safari. I certainly have a trial
    home page represented in my folder with a Safari icon.

    SO: can anyone remind me how one actually gets Safari to act as a web page
    design aid (like Composer in Netscape)? Is there a button to press or a
    command that switches it into design mode? Failing that, is there a design
    feature in Internet Explorer?

    This must be how Alzeheimer's begins...

    Kind regards,
    Devi Jankowicz

    Devi Jankowicz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Web page design in Safari

    Devi Jankowicz wrote:

    > can anyone remind me how one actually gets Safari to act as a web page
    > design aid (like Composer in Netscape)?
    Homepage at .mac.com?
    Or use BBEdit, which has various
    html coding bells and whistles.
    George Williams Guest

  3. #3

    In article
    <0001HW.BBA76BF4004F9A5CF0101600news.cache.cable. ntlworld.com>, Devi
    Jankowicz <animusntlworld.com> wrote:
    > This is silly. Last year I played around with various web page design
    > packages, including Netscape Composer, Internet Explorer, the web page design
    > resource in MSWord, and, I could have sworn, Safari. I certainly have a trial
    > home page represented in my folder with a Safari icon.
    >
    > SO: can anyone remind me how one actually gets Safari to act as a web page
    > design aid (like Composer in Netscape)? Is there a button to press or a
    > command that switches it into design mode? Failing that, is there a design
    > feature in Internet Explorer?
    Neither Safari nor Internet Explorer has any Web design features.

    Send only plain text messages under 32K to the Reply-To address.
    This mailbox is filtered aggressively to thwart spam and viruses.
    Jerry Kindall Guest

  4. #4

    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no and no.
    Safari is not bloatware .. it simply functions as a web browser. And
    IE doesn't either. Netscape became a huge application with navigator,
    publisher, composer and mail .. oh and news reader.
    Get BBEdit or some other app designed for design.

    Devi Jankowicz <animusntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<0001HW.BBA76BF4004F9A5CF0101600news.cache.c able.ntlworld.com>...
    > This is silly. Last year I played around with various web page design
    > packages, including Netscape Composer, Internet Explorer, the web page design
    > resource in MSWord, and, I could have sworn, Safari. I certainly have a trial
    > home page represented in my folder with a Safari icon.
    >
    > SO: can anyone remind me how one actually gets Safari to act as a web page
    > design aid (like Composer in Netscape)? Is there a button to press or a
    > command that switches it into design mode? Failing that, is there a design
    > feature in Internet Explorer?
    >
    > This must be how Alzeheimer's begins...
    >
    > Kind regards,
    > Devi Jankowicz
    spacemancw Guest

  5. #5

    In article
    <0001HW.BBA76BF4004F9A5CF0101600news.cache.cable. ntlworld.com>,
    Devi Jankowicz <animusntlworld.com> wrote:
    > This is silly. Last year I played around with various web page design
    > packages, including Netscape Composer, Internet Explorer, the web page design
    > resource in MSWord, and, I could have sworn, Safari. I certainly have a trial
    > home page represented in my folder with a Safari icon.
    >
    > SO: can anyone remind me how one actually gets Safari to act as a web page
    > design aid (like Composer in Netscape)? Is there a button to press or a
    > command that switches it into design mode? Failing that, is there a design
    > feature in Internet Explorer?

    Safari doesn't have any editor or design mode.

    --
    Mike Cohen - mike3k <at> onepost <dot> net
    Personal: [url]http://www.mc-development.com/[/url]