Professional Web Applications Themes

Web Photo Gallery--how to upload? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

As a possible way to save time putting photos on my Web site, I tried out the Web Photo Gallery in Photoshop Elements. But the instructions end with your ability to show the pictures on your browser from the hard drive, not from a Web site. Are there any instructions about what to do to get the destinations folder on a Web site in a usable fashion. I used Interarchy to upload the destinations folder, but wasn't sure what to do next. I have Adobe GoLive (but only version 4.0.1 for the Mac). Is there an information sheet about how ...

  1. #1

    Default Web Photo Gallery--how to upload?

    As a possible way to save time putting photos on my Web site, I tried out the Web Photo Gallery in Photoshop Elements. But the instructions end with your ability to show the pictures on your browser from the hard drive, not from a Web site. Are there any instructions about what to do to get the destinations folder on a Web site in a usable fashion. I used Interarchy to upload the destinations folder, but wasn't sure what to do next. I have Adobe GoLive (but only version 4.0.1 for the Mac). Is there an information sheet about how to coordinate the Web photo gallery with GoLive? The problem with only dealing with a Web site every now and then is that you (that is to say, I) tend to forget the details. I guess I have to do something in GoLive to link existing files with the ones produced by Web Photo Gallery; or at least I have to be able to give some of the things produced by Web Photo Gallery URLs that will allow one to access the whole set via a browser (online, not from the hard disk). By the way, does the current version of GoLive work with Photoshop Elements (as opposed to Photoshops simpliciter)? Thanks for any help. --Paul
    Paul Bullen Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Web Photo Gallery--how to upload?

    Generally, any folders you make under your disk space from ISP/Webhoster
    will already have the correct rights assigned to them for viewing.
    Simply transfer your files into the same named folders that the gallery
    created on your HD (or upload folders and all depending on your FTP
    program/method, see below).

    One thing that's important though: anything that's not in ASCII text
    format (such as .txt or .htm files), must be uploaded in Binary mode or
    will be corrupted.

    Proggies such as WS_FTP for Windows allows you to specify file type to be
    uploaded as text and file types to be uploaded as binary, so one can
    simply upload everything at once, folders and all even. If your program
    doesn't have this much smarts, then upload the file type individually.

    Mac
    Mac McDougald Guest

  3. #3

    Mac,
    Thanks for your help. I think I have it figured out now. I simply add 'destination' to my regular URL. Now all I need to do is redo it, using a vertical frame, and make a link to this collection from my existing relevant Web page. I can also change the name of the folder from 'destination' to something more useful. Come to think of it, I probably didn't have to use that name in the first place.--Paul
    Paul Bullen Guest