Professional Web Applications Themes

Web publishing Problems - FileMaker

Hi, I'm currently posting a gene database for my lab online and while I'm planning on adding the option of adding records later for now I just want a searchable one. I'm currently using Instant Web Publishing but the limits of it seem more and more evident so I might want to go for Custom Web Publishing. I've replaced my home page for a custom one and now am working on doing the same with the rest of the database (getting rid of the ugly FMpro Interface) but I'm facing several issues. The interface buttons I've added work so far ...

  1. #1

    Default Web publishing Problems

    Hi, I'm currently posting a gene database for my lab online and while
    I'm planning on adding the option of adding records later for now I
    just want a searchable one. I'm currently using Instant Web Publishing
    but the limits of it seem more and more evident so I might want to go
    for Custom Web Publishing. I've replaced my home page for a custom one
    and now am working on doing the same with the rest of the database
    (getting rid of the ugly FMpro Interface) but I'm facing several
    issues. The interface buttons I've added work so far (except for the
    custom buttons in I.E. don't seem to work so I switched them to the
    default grey buttons. My Main problem currently is that the result
    page (table) shows up with a limit of 25. I've noticed the HTML tag I
    can change to get around it (for when I'm linking to the results via
    HTML link) but is there any way to change this limit so when the
    search is submitted the results are all shown. If this is not possible
    my next question will be how can I stimulate those same (prev) and
    (next) buttons in the FMPro interface (while in table mode) With
    this resolved I may stick to the Instant web publishing but I am still
    interested and currently facing a dilemma about the custom web
    publishing. I haven't found any good tutorials or examples of this,
    are there any available? thank you

    Bolek Zapiec
    ICEBreaker Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Web publishing Problems

    Dear Bolek:

    Send me an email at: [email]stephenfmwebschool.com[/email] and I will send you a free forty
    page tutorial on instant web publishing. I think you will find that it will be
    less of a challenge and fairly simple to publish you site using custom web
    publishing. Visit our site at [url]http://www.fmwebschool.com[/url] There are some great
    free resources there to help you get started.

    In Kindness
    Stephen K Knight
    1-800-353-7950
    Juan316b Guest

  3. #3

    [email]icebreakerganja.com[/email] (ICEBreaker) wrote in message news:<78e079f.0310070833.13dfa012posting.google.c om>...
    > I haven't found any good tutorials or examples of this,
    > are there any available? thank you
    >
    > Bolek Zapiec
    I did an extensive search and have some links posted here...

    [url]http://www.acme-help.com/fmhinttip.html[/url]

    David
    david Guest

  4. #4

    hi bolek

    you may use:
    <input type="hidden" name="-max" value="all">
    or any other number then 25 in the value. like
    <input type="hidden" name="-max" value="34">
    the default by fm is set to 25

    good luck
    mimmo

    >My Main problem currently is that the result
    > page (table) shows up with a limit of 25. I've noticed the HTML tag I
    > can change to get around it (for when I'm linking to the results via
    > HTML link) but is there any way to change this limit so when the
    > search is submitted the results are all shown.
    > Bolek Zapiec
    mimmo Guest

  5. #5

    ICEBreaker wrote:

    (Note, please break long para's into smaller ones for readability)
    > Hi, I'm currently posting a gene database for my lab online and while
    > I'm planning on adding the option of adding records later for now I
    > just want a searchable one. I'm currently using Instant Web Publishing
    > but the limits of it seem more and more evident so I might want to go
    > for Custom Web Publishing.
    This is almost always the case for any project of any complexity.
    > I've replaced my home page for a custom one
    > and now am working on doing the same with the rest of the database
    > (getting rid of the ugly FMpro Interface) but I'm facing several
    > issues. The interface buttons I've added work so far (except for the
    > custom buttons in I.E. don't seem to work so I switched them to the
    > default grey buttons.
    >
    > My Main problem currently is that the result
    > page (table) shows up with a limit of 25. I've noticed the HTML tag I
    > can change to get around it (for when I'm linking to the results via
    > HTML link) but is there any way to change this limit so when the
    > search is submitted the results are all shown.
    <input type="hidden" name="-max" value="all">
    > If this is not possible
    > my next question will be how can I stimulate those same (prev) and
    > (next) buttons in the FMPro interface (while in table mode) With
    > this resolved I may stick to the Instant web publishing but I am still
    > interested and currently facing a dilemma about the custom web
    > publishing. I haven't found any good tutorials or examples of this,
    > are there any available?
    There is a download that should still be available on the FM website
    that is a database of all the commands - CDML_Reference.fp5

    To do next and previous there is the [FMP-LinkNext]
    and [FMP-LinkPrevious] commands in custom publishing

    Cheers

    Webko
    Tim Booth Guest