Um, this isn't going to work, generally. Web services, as any web app
(especially on Windows server 2003) are heavily sandboxed. The method you
are calling requires full permissions to run. My guess is your exception
is caused by the Directory method returning null. Since you aren't error
checking that condition, you're seeing a null reference exception when you
tell your program to return the reference returned by the directory call.
Since that will fail due to security restrictions, it's pretty easy to say
this is your problem.

--------------------
>From: ivy ivy via .NET 247 <anonymousdotnet247.com>
>Subject: [WebMethod] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not
set to an instance of an object.
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
>Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:31:36 -0800
>
>hi, i'm getting this error when ever i tr y to execute the following
code..
>can anyone help me with this ? thank you.
>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an
instance of an object. at IDSSServer.IDSS.GetFileList(String fullpath) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\idssserver\idss.asmx.cs:line 92 --- End of inner
exception stack trace ---