Professional Web Applications Themes

WebServices and FileNotFoundException - ASP.NET Web Services

Hey, I am a newbie to Web Services. I have been struggling with a very strange problem for days. I want to write a simple "Hello World" Web Service, which I want to invoke from a browser. The automatic test web interface that IIS manages is working fine, but as soon as I press the Invoke button I get an error. Environment: Win2003 server with IIS 6.0 Here's the error: ==========ERR START============================================ System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name qgmyrebg.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found. File name: "qgmyrebg.dll" at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, ...

  1. #1

    Default WebServices and FileNotFoundException

    Hey,
    I am a newbie to Web Services. I have been struggling with a very strange
    problem for days.
    I want to write a simple "Hello World" Web Service, which I want to invoke
    from a browser.
    The automatic test web interface that IIS manages is working fine, but as
    soon as I press the Invoke button I get an error.

    Environment: Win2003 server with IIS 6.0
    Here's the error:
    ==========ERR START============================================
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name qgmyrebg.dll, or one
    of its dependencies, was not found.
    File name: "qgmyrebg.dll"
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
    codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean
    throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyNa me assemblyRef,
    Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence
    assemblySecurity)
    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_Compil edAssembly()
    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_Compil edAssembly()
    at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMap ping[] xmlMappings)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMapping s(XmlMapping[]
    mappings)
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturn.GetInitial izers(LogicalMethodInfo[]
    methodInfos)
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturnWriter.GetI nitializers(LogicalMethodI
    nfo[] methodInfos)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.MimeFormatter.GetIni tializers(Type type,
    LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerType..ctor (Type type)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerProtocol.I nitialize()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactor y.Create(Type type,
    HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
    abortProcessing)

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\qgmyrebg.dll
    LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/HWServices/WebService1
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/qgmyrebg.dll.

    =========ERR STOP============================================== ==

    The odd thing is that the name of the .dll changes every time that I do an
    invoke. I know other people have the same problems, but I haven't been able
    to fix this.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.
    -Best Regards,
    Namit.

    Namit Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: WebServices and FileNotFoundException

    Hi,

    You must be using Integrated Authentication or your Default application pool
    must be running under some configured account. Give write permission to this
    user on C:\WINDOWS\Temp.

    Hope this would help

    Thanks
    Nakul