myCFCs then i run it in a browser and it worked. It worked for me could be worth a go. I think this must be a pretty serious bug with the upgrade. Andrew [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => pricewern [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 4 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Webservices fail after MX7 upgrade! - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

Webservices fail after MX7 upgrade! - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

Hi I've had a webservice running for over a year now in MX6.1 but when I upgraded our server to MX7 it stopped working. It's a normal CFC - does very little, returns a normal value from a simple select. I call it using the sfscript method but have also tried cfinvoke - neither work. I've tried setting up mappings and these seem to have an effect as to what error message I get as does the way I address the URL. 1 - With mapping called myCFCs mapped to the directory where the CFC is: Call; <cfscript> ws = ...

  1. #1

    Default Webservices fail after MX7 upgrade!

    Hi

    I've had a webservice running for over a year now in MX6.1 but when I upgraded
    our server to MX7 it stopped working.

    It's a normal CFC - does very little, returns a normal value from a simple
    select.

    I call it using the sfscript method but have also tried cfinvoke - neither
    work.

    I've tried setting up mappings and these seem to have an effect as to what
    error message I get as does the way I address the URL.

    1 - With mapping called myCFCs mapped to the directory where the CFC is:

    Call;

    <cfscript>
    ws = CreateObject("webservice",
    "http://test.domain.com/myCFCs/test.cfc?wsdl");
    custBalance = ws.GetBalance("myDSN", #CustomerID#);
    </cfscript>

    Error;

    Could not generate stub objects for web service invocation.
    org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error: URI=null Line=1: The string "--" is not
    permitted within comments.

    2 - Without using mappings (i.e. I pass the path of where the CFC is):

    "http://test.domain.com/CFComponents/test.cfc?wsdl");
    custBalance = ws.GetBalance("myDSN", #CustomerID#);
    </cfscript>

    Error;

    Could not generate stub objects for web service invocation.
    org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error: URI=null Line=2: The markup in the
    doent following the root element must be well-formed.

    Other things I've noticed are that:

    1 - If you add a root mapping of / for the wwwroot directory it can effect the
    error message displayed.
    2 - If I try and call the address from an external web browser (i.e.
    http://test.domain.com/CFComponents/test.cfc?wsdl) then I get a Page Cannot Be
    Displayed error - not the WSDL I expect - this is the same if I try it with
    mappings or not.
    3 - If I call the address locally from the server (i.e.
    http://localhost/sitename/CFComponents/test.cfc?wsdl) then I DO get the WSDL.
    4 - I've tried saving the WSDL and calling that directly instead of .cfc?wsdl
    but get the same errors.
    5 - I've tried adding the webservice in the CFAdmin but it keeps saying 'Not
    found'.
    6 - I've tried adding the webservice in DreamWeaver and it says 'Not found'.

    I've read every google/forum post I can find on this - nothing seems to
    explain WHAT CHANGED from 6.1 to 7.0!

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Cheers

    Adam

    AdamDale3 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Webservices fail after MX7 upgrade!

    Adam,

    I'm getting this error also. I have 2 servers setup, one with IIS and the
    other with Apache at 2 different locations. I can successfully call the web
    server from the IIS location but it fails at the Apache location. Of course
    there could be other differences for the 2 configurations but it makes me
    question Apache. What web server are you using and do you think this makes any
    difference? I'm fairly new into web services so can't offer much help.

    Duane

    m3style Guest

  3. #3

    Hi

    I got this working in the end and I'm afraid I don't know what fixed it! I
    ended up rebooting the server for some other reason and when it restarted none
    of the web sites started. When I tried to start them they all said PORT IN USE
    (Port 80). After using a Port Inspector I discovered it was Windows Media
    Services that was blocking the port... we had installed this recently to try it
    out for a site we need to do some video streaming on... it seemed this was
    listening on Port 80 also... probably why I could never get it to work either :)

    Anyway, I removed WMS as we've decided to go with Flash Communication Server
    instead anyway, rebooted, the sites all started and so did my web service!

    I guess the only thing we could learn from this is check to see what else is
    listening on the same port as the web service - maybe that was the problem and
    WMS was picking the request up before IIS could get it and deal with it?

    I'm using IIS and I've never used Apache with CF so afraid I really can't give
    any advice on that - other than USE IIS :)

    Adam

    AdamDale3 Guest

  4. #4

    I found that there was one thing that fixed it. By going to the CF
    Administrator and then add a mapping to your directory.

    ie

    c:\inetpub\websites\myCFCs\ ---> myCFCs

    then i run it in a browser and it worked.

    It worked for me could be worth a go.

    I think this must be a pretty serious bug with the upgrade.

    Andrew

    pricewern Guest