Professional Web Applications Themes

Weird problem out of ideas - Macromedia Flash Player

Hello I had a teacher send me a link from cbs to view one of the shows for class and she said she couldn't view it. I checked it from the office, worked fine. Checked it on her desktop w/XP pro on it, and it would show the picture of the video but just went to replay or embed the video wouldn't actually play. Weird thing is that the sound was still working throughout the video. Figured I could fix it but ended up stumping me and almost imaged it but figured I would look for the answer first. Here ...

  1. #1

    Default Weird problem out of ideas

    Hello I had a teacher send me a link from cbs to view one of the shows for
    class and she said she couldn't view it. I checked it from the office, worked
    fine. Checked it on her desktop w/XP pro on it, and it would show the picture
    of the video but just went to replay or embed the video wouldn't actually play.
    Weird thing is that the sound was still working throughout the video. Figured I
    could fix it but ended up stumping me and almost imaged it but figured I would
    look for the answer first. Here is some of the things I did to troubleshoot. In
    IE7 I cleared all the system files, uninstalled re-installed flash no result so
    reset IE back to manufacturer settings reinstalled flash. Next I tried firefox
    installed flash same thing, Uninstalled both Firefox and IE deleted all
    application data, temp files, reinstalled IE w/flash nothing. Next I turned
    firewall off, disabled AV, uninstalled real player which teacher installed,
    uninstalled flash and shockwave, created new windows user, disabled video
    acceleration, installed IE7 flash shockwave added adobe.com to trusted zones,
    cranked up cookie limit to unlimited, and nothing. So I installed Firefox beta
    3 and Opera with same result the flash video just skips to replay or embed. I
    could go to the flash test site and it checked out fine. I am out of ideas so
    if you have one I would like to hear it. Thanks alot.

    ts0384 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Weird problem out of ideas

    I managed to get flash player 9 working on firefox only. I uninstalled flash
    player entirely, restarted the computer, installed flash player 8, then
    immediately installed flash player 9, iwhotught unistalling flash player 8.I
    did this on Firefox, but when I tried it on the Windows XP SP3(I use
    verizon.net), NO flash. I would prefer to use only one browser, but this is the
    only way I can get it to work. suggestions?

    Bettyboophume Guest

  3. #3

    You got to do it for both of the codes
    freshmus Guest