Professional Web Applications Themes

What a worthless effort - Photography

I can't believe this is the concept for the "Charger." Ugly, ungainly and hulking. Poor Dodge. It looks like a bloody Toyota. http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/dodge-charger.html...

  1. #1

    Default What a worthless effort

    I can't believe this is the concept for the "Charger."
    Ugly, ungainly and hulking. Poor Dodge. It looks like
    a bloody Toyota.

    http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/dodge-charger.html
    RichA Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: What a worthless effort

    "RichA" <com> wrote in message

    Actually, I rather like it, once you get past the travesty of the "Charger"
    name. Reminds me, oddly, of a '56 Chevy.
    Not a big fan of the flat black graphics, though, I didn't like them in the
    '70s, either.
    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip Guest

  3. #3

    "Skip M" <net> wrote in message

    > Actually, I rather like it, once you get past the travesty of the
    > "Charger" name. Reminds me, oddly, of a '56 Chevy.
    > Not a big fan of the flat black graphics, though, I didn't like them in
    > the '70s, either.[/ref]

    The profile look much like a stretched out Mustang to me. The front looks a
    little like Volvo meet Jag.

    Anyway, there's not an original line in the thing and certainly doesn't
    deserve the Charger name.

    --

    Rob

    Robert Guest

  4. #4

    "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <com> wrote in message

    >> Actually, I rather like it, once you get past the travesty of the
    >> "Charger" name. Reminds me, oddly, of a '56 Chevy.
    >> Not a big fan of the flat black graphics, though, I didn't like them in
    >> the '70s, either.[/ref]
    >

    > The profile look much like a stretched out Mustang to me. The front looks
    > a little like Volvo meet Jag.
    >
    > Anyway, there's not an original line in the thing and certainly doesn't
    > deserve the Charger name.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Rob
    >[/ref]

    Can't blame DC for not wanting to be original, look what happened to their
    sales of the Intrepid/300M/Concorde. They originally thought themselves
    right into blandness and poor sales. There's not much out there that reeks
    of originality, with any company, at least among what's available in the US.
    There's too much fascination with "retro" or "getting back to roots" these
    days, witness everything from the Ferrari Scaglietti to the Ford Mustang and
    GT...
    One thing the Dodge DOESN'T look like is a Toyota, thankfully. The old
    ChryCo offerings looked too much like Camry styling rejects, as it was.

  5. #5

    RichA wrote:

    What a mess. At least now we know the answer to the question what
    happens when you try to make a car look like a truck or SUV from the
    front, and sporty from other angles.

    But I do disagree, I don't think Toyota has made anything that ugly
    since the 80's :)

    Lisa
    Lisa Guest

  6. #6

    How do you pronounce Daimler-Chrysler?

    Daimler ... the Chrysler is silent!!!!!!!

    Back to photo now ;)

    Darrell Guest

  7. #7

    "Lisa Horton" <net> wrote in message

    > What a mess. At least now we know the answer to the question what
    > happens when you try to make a car look like a truck or SUV from the
    > front, and sporty from other angles.
    >
    > But I do disagree, I don't think Toyota has made anything that ugly
    > since the 80's :)
    >[/ref]

    I'll disagree there. I think Toyota is making the 2nd ugliest cars after
    GM.

    Greg

    G.T. Guest

  8. #8

    On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:38:17 -0800, Lisa Horton
    <net> wrote:

    >What a mess. At least now we know the answer to the question what
    >happens when you try to make a car look like a truck or SUV from the
    >front, and sporty from other angles.
    >
    >But I do disagree, I don't think Toyota has made anything that ugly
    >since the 80's :)
    >
    >Lisa[/ref]

    I think it will probably do what it was inteded to do...make teenage
    boys salivate, get covers on lots of automags, and make quite a few
    older guys open their wallets.
    McLeod Guest

  9. #9

    Default Re: What a worthless effort [OT]

    Darrell wrote:

    A friend of mine has a 3 year old CLK 320. Beautiful machine. Not
    really a C-class, but derived from E.

    This is the first winter that he's driven it. Last two winters it was
    in his garage and he would buy a beater for the winter and then sell it.

    Two weeks ago, on the highway, the brake pedal floored completely, no
    braking action at all. Luckilly, little traffic (5 am) and he managed
    to slow the car with the transmission and steering. He exited, and very
    luckilly happened on a train station. So, he parked the car and took
    the train back home. On said train he contacted Mercedez. They
    transported the car back to Montreal (from Quebec City).

    Failure: Front wheel ball joint assembly. How this made the brakes
    fail so completely (the other three wheels?) is beyond me, but the
    events speak for themselves.

    Cost to my friend: $0 (train ticket, not sure if he got that reimbursed
    from M, but possible).

    Cost to Mercedez, over CAD$3500.

    Cost to Merc reputation? er, priceless?

    His father, he went on to tell me, commited the grave error a few years
    ago of buying a large Chrysler (LHS?). The transmission failed in
    various and spectacular ways 3 times in less than 2 years, each time
    requiring a replacement. The A/C kablooied and the entire dash had to
    be disassembled to repair the system. He was so petrified of this car,
    that for a wintering in Florida they took his wife's smaller car
    (Camry)... sold the Chrysler.

    I'm amazed at the quality issues in the Merc. C-class, and absolutely
    flabbergasted at the ball joint failure in my friends 320 CLK.

    These companies seem to deserve each other...

    Alan
    Alan Guest

  10. #10

    RichA <com> wrote:

    Almost, but not quite as butt-ugly as the Chrysler 300. I doubt that MOPAR
    has another decade to go.
    Bubbabob Guest

  11. #11

    "Alan Browne" <ca> wrote in message

    > A friend of mine has a 3 year old CLK 320. Beautiful machine. Not
    > really a C-class, but derived from E.
    >
    > This is the first winter that he's driven it. Last two winters it was
    > in his garage and he would buy a beater for the winter and then sell it.
    >
    > Two weeks ago, on the highway, the brake pedal floored completely, no
    > braking action at all. Luckilly, little traffic (5 am) and he managed
    > to slow the car with the transmission and steering. He exited, and very
    > luckilly happened on a train station. So, he parked the car and took
    > the train back home. On said train he contacted Mercedez. They
    > transported the car back to Montreal (from Quebec City).
    >
    > Failure: Front wheel ball joint assembly. How this made the brakes
    > fail so completely (the other three wheels?) is beyond me, but the
    > events speak for themselves.
    >
    > Cost to my friend: $0 (train ticket, not sure if he got that reimbursed
    > from M, but possible).
    >
    > Cost to Mercedez, over CAD$3500.
    >
    > Cost to Merc reputation? er, priceless?
    >
    > His father, he went on to tell me, commited the grave error a few years
    > ago of buying a large Chrysler (LHS?). The transmission failed in
    > various and spectacular ways 3 times in less than 2 years, each time
    > requiring a replacement. The A/C kablooied and the entire dash had to
    > be disassembled to repair the system. He was so petrified of this car,
    > that for a wintering in Florida they took his wife's smaller car
    > (Camry)... sold the Chrysler.
    >[/ref]

    My 1997 Jeep Cherokee has been the biggest pile of junk of any car I've
    owned. I will never buy another Chrysler.

    Greg

    G.T. Guest

  12. #12

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:52:29 -0500, Alan Browne
    <ca> wrote:

    >A friend of mine has a 3 year old CLK 320. Beautiful machine. Not
    >really a C-class, but derived from E.
    >
    >This is the first winter that he's driven it. Last two winters it was
    >in his garage and he would buy a beater for the winter and then sell it.
    >
    >Two weeks ago, on the highway, the brake pedal floored completely, no
    >braking action at all. Luckilly, little traffic (5 am) and he managed
    >to slow the car with the transmission and steering. He exited, and very
    >luckilly happened on a train station. So, he parked the car and took
    >the train back home. On said train he contacted Mercedez. They
    >transported the car back to Montreal (from Quebec City).
    >
    >Failure: Front wheel ball joint assembly. How this made the brakes
    >fail so completely (the other three wheels?) is beyond me, but the
    >events speak for themselves.
    >
    >Cost to my friend: $0 (train ticket, not sure if he got that reimbursed
    >from M, but possible).
    >
    >Cost to Mercedez, over CAD$3500.
    >
    >Cost to Merc reputation? er, priceless?
    >
    >His father, he went on to tell me, commited the grave error a few years
    >ago of buying a large Chrysler (LHS?). The transmission failed in
    >various and spectacular ways 3 times in less than 2 years, each time
    >requiring a replacement. The A/C kablooied and the entire dash had to
    >be disassembled to repair the system. He was so petrified of this car,
    >that for a wintering in Florida they took his wife's smaller car
    >(Camry)... sold the Chrysler.
    >
    >I'm amazed at the quality issues in the Merc. C-class, and absolutely
    >flabbergasted at the ball joint failure in my friends 320 CLK.
    >
    >These companies seem to deserve each other...
    >
    >Alan[/ref]

    According to just about every quality survey done now, Euro
    cars rank last in reliability and have done so for the past few
    years. Great engineering can mean great handling, power, but
    reliability is a different issue.
    -Rich
    RichA Guest

  13. #13

    In article <com>, com
    says...

    Bleck!

    Ford did a much, much better job with the new Mustang.

    These look so... uninspired.
    Brian Guest

  14. #14

    "RichA" <com> wrote in message

    The one of the left looks like a wannabe mustang, but what do I know?

    Dave Guest

  15. #15

    Brian C. Baird wrote:

    Fix Found
    Or On
    Repair Road
    Daily Dead

    Alan Guest

  16. #16

    In article <d0qi7c$him$gazeta.pl>,
    ca says...

    > Fix Found
    > Or On
    > Repair Road
    > Daily Dead[/ref]

    Just about any American car, if you ask me.

    According to Consumer Report's, the last model year of the Mustang was
    their most reliable car yet.
    Brian Guest

  17. #17

    Brian C. Baird <no> wrote:

    Most reliable American car. That's faint praise.
    Bubbabob Guest

  18. #18

    "Bubbabob" <net> wrote in message

    > Most reliable American car. That's faint praise.[/ref]

    Most reliable car or most reliable Mustang?

    Toomanyputters Guest

  19. #19

    In article <168.3.30>,
    net says...

    > Most reliable American car. That's faint praise.[/ref]

    OH yeah, even worse.
    Brian Guest

  20. #20

    In article <X05Yd.14710$southeast.rr.com>,
    com says...

    > Most reliable car or most reliable Mustang?[/ref]

    Both.
    Brian Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast