Professional Web Applications Themes

what doesn't deamweaver mx allow spaces in style sheetclass names - HTML & CSS

I want to ceate the following styles but while I can create them in an external editor like TopStyle and see them in Dreamweaver's CSS edit box I can't apply them properly and they don't show up in the css "Apply Styles" panel. Dreamweaver just won't allow any style with a space or puctuation but I see style sheets on the web withy them .textbody10point a.NOTE{ background-color: #FFE680; text-decoration: none; color: #333; border: none; font-size: smaller; } .textbody10point a.NOTE:hover{ background-color: #FF9900; }...

  1. #1

    Default what doesn't deamweaver mx allow spaces in style sheetclass names

    }

    .textbody10point a.NOTE:hover{
    background-color: #FF9900;
    }

    TonyEI Guest

  2. #2

    I've never seen a CSS style with a space in it- just like file names, they shouldn't have spaces in them.
    David.Holley Guest

  3. #3

    so, if i want to create a custom style then set an effect for "hover" how would
    i do it? I thought you had to name like this:
    customstyle a.footnote{}
    customstyle a.footnote:hover{}

    Any help appreciated

    TonyEI Guest

  4. #4

    The style rules you list below are perfectly valid. That rule would apply
    to this HTML -

    To see the rule expressed you would have to apply the textbody10point class
    to the <a> tag's container, and then apply the NOTE class to the <a> tag.
    Perhaps this is what is confusing you?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "TonyEI" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I want to ceate the following styles but while I can create them in an
    >external
    > editor like TopStyle and see them in Dreamweaver's CSS edit box I can't
    > apply
    > them properly and they don't show up in the css "Apply Styles" panel.
    > Dreamweaver just won't allow any style with a space or puctuation but I
    > see
    > style sheets on the web withy them
    >
    > .textbody10point a.NOTE{
    > background-color: #FFE680;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > color: #333;
    > border: none;
    > font-size: smaller;
    > }
    >
    > .textbody10point a.NOTE:hover{
    > background-color: #FF9900;
    > }

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  5. #5

    >>To see the rule expressed you would have to apply the textbody10point class
    >>to the <a> tag's container, and then apply the NOTE class to the <a> tag.
    >>Perhaps this is what is confusing you?
    I think what is confusing me is that I don't fully understand css and am
    trying to use bits and pieces that I see on 'web tips' sites. I Don't
    understand your comment so I need to go back to basics.
    Cheers
    Tony

    TonyEI Guest

  6. #6

    Yes. Basics is good....

    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/css/qdmacfly/index.htm[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/dreamweaver/css.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/tableless_layout_dw8.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/css_concepts.html[/url]

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    >>>To see the rule expressed you would have to apply the textbody10point
    >>>class
    > >>to the <a> tag's container, and then apply the NOTE class to the <a>
    > >>tag.
    > >>Perhaps this is what is confusing you?
    >
    > I think what is confusing me is that I don't fully understand css and am
    > trying to use bits and pieces that I see on 'web tips' sites. I Don't
    > understand your comment so I need to go back to basics.
    > Cheers
    > Tony

    Murray *ACE* Guest