Professional Web Applications Themes

what fonts would fit with my webpage? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Check out my main page at [url]www.vorspann.net[/url] It is far from done however I wanted to ask the opinion of some people on here. I have tried Verdana and Arial both, but I am looking for a font I can use for the pages of my webpage that looks futuristic in a way and is also easily readible. I want it to go with the page pretty well so everything looks semi consistent. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks Chris...

  1. #1

    Default what fonts would fit with my webpage?

    Check out my main page at [url]www.vorspann.net[/url] It is far from done however I
    wanted to ask the opinion of some people on here. I have tried Verdana and
    Arial both, but I am looking for a font I can use for the pages of my
    webpage that looks futuristic in a way and is also easily readible. I want
    it to go with the page pretty well so everything looks semi consistent.

    Anyone got any ideas?

    Thanks
    Chris

    Chris Jumonville Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: what fonts would fit with my webpage?

    "Chris Jumonville" <c.jumonvillecomcast.net> wrote in message
    > Check out my main page at [url]www.vorspann.net[/url] It is far from done however I
    > wanted to ask the opinion of some people on here. I have tried Verdana
    and
    > Arial both, but I am looking for a font I can use for the pages of my
    > webpage that looks futuristic in a way and is also easily readible. I
    want
    > it to go with the page pretty well so everything looks semi consistent.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Chris

    Looks pretty good as it is Chris. You have got the correct font without
    serifs that make it look modern enough - and with the advantage that
    virtually every PC and Mac in the land can see it.
    You might like to play with a wider font on the gifs along the left hand
    side. I think that wider fonts look better for this sort of thing. Try
    either streching your existing Arial font or lowering it in PSP/Fireworks
    etc to see what I mean.
    Just my 2cents worth.

    Treadhead
    'No flash, no midi and proud of it' - 'Wisdom' after five beers...
    [url]http://www.afvs.co.uk[/url]
    [email]treadheadafvs.co.uk[/email]

    Treadhead Guest

  3. #3

    well your stuck with the fonts that dreamweaver gives you...if you use lets say a font called "bing-go-bango" and it looks great...sadly to say you will be the only one to see that font...99.9% of the people viewing your site may not have that font in their system... Dreamweaver does not embed fonts...but there are work around to this...you can use flash text or flash to embed a font...but there are draw backs to this too...you can't over lay a gaphic on top of a flash.. or over lay any part of the html...for a lack of a few word...flash sets on the top levle of an html.......or you can use photoshop or fireworks and type the verbage out in those program. And then save it as a graphic...

    were you not in here last night asking about copyright...nice that you put
    "Vorspann, the Vorspann Logo, and all related marks are trademarks of Vorspann, Inc."

    but unless you register you company name and it trademarks...just saying it is not going to protect you...in fact you may be stepping on some else's shoes.....I read about these law suit all the time...in fact you have vorspann.net and there a vorspann.com...what do i know

    discman webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Re:what fonts would fit with my webpage?

    disc:
    > but unless you register you company name and it trademarks...just saying
    it is not going to protect you

    Oh yes it will, other issues notwithstanding. In fact, you really need to
    do nothing, but saying it reveals your conscious intent.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "discman" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > well your stuck with the fonts that dreamweaver gives you...if you use
    lets say a font called "bing-go-bango" and it looks great...sadly to say you
    will be the only one to see that font...99.9% of the people viewing your
    site may not have that font in their system... Dreamweaver does not embed
    fonts...but there are work around to this...you can use flash text or flash
    to embed a font...but there are draw backs to this too...you can't over lay
    a gaphic on top of a flash.. or over lay any part of the html...for a lack
    of a few word...flash sets on the top levle of an html.......or you can use
    photoshop or fireworks and type the verbage out in those program. And then
    save it as a graphic...

    > were you not in here last night asking about copyright...nice that you put
    > "Vorspann, the Vorspann Logo, and all related marks are trademarks of
    Vorspann, Inc."

    > but unless you register you company name and it trademarks...just saying
    it is not going to protect you...in fact you may be stepping on some else's
    shoes.....I read about these law suit all the time...in fact you have
    vorspann.net and there a vorspann.com...what do i know

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    anyone can use T
    a trademark must be registered to use

    joe

    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > disc:
    >
    > > but unless you register you company name and it trademarks...just saying
    > it is not going to protect you
    >
    > Oh yes it will, other issues notwithstanding. In fact, you really need to
    > do nothing, but saying it reveals your conscious intent.
    >
    > --
    > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > ==================
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    > ANSWERS
    > ==================
    > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > ==================
    >
    > "discman" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > well your stuck with the fonts that dreamweaver gives you...if you use
    > lets say a font called "bing-go-bango" and it looks great...sadly to say
    you
    > will be the only one to see that font...99.9% of the people viewing your
    > site may not have that font in their system... Dreamweaver does not embed
    > fonts...but there are work around to this...you can use flash text or
    flash
    > to embed a font...but there are draw backs to this too...you can't over
    lay
    > a gaphic on top of a flash.. or over lay any part of the html...for a lack
    > of a few word...flash sets on the top levle of an html.......or you can
    use
    > photoshop or fireworks and type the verbage out in those program. And then
    > save it as a graphic...
    > >
    > > were you not in here last night asking about copyright...nice that you
    put
    > > "Vorspann, the Vorspann Logo, and all related marks are trademarks of
    > Vorspann, Inc."
    > >
    > > but unless you register you company name and it trademarks...just saying
    > it is not going to protect you...in fact you may be stepping on some
    else's
    > shoes.....I read about these law suit all the time...in fact you have
    > vorspann.net and there a vorspann.com...what do i know

    Joe {RoastHorse} Guest

  6. #6

    ???
    anyone can use TM

    joe

  7. #7

    Joe:

    Anyone can use (c), too. No registration is requires for (C), TM or SM.
    Only (R).

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

  8. #8