Professional Web Applications Themes

what happened to ms paint ?? - Windows XP/2000/ME

greetings, when i try to use ms paint i get a message which says there was an error in paint and it must close. i found paint.exe and downloaded it. when i tried to open paint.exe it said it could not find a file glut32.dll. what is this file ?? where can i find glut32.dll ?? would it be on the windows xp cd ?? what folder would it be in ?? .... or, would someone send me glut32.dll and tell me where to store glut32.dll ... arrrrgggghhhh .... why is this so hard stafford collinsworth p.s. thank you in ...

  1. #1

    Default what happened to ms paint ??

    greetings,

    when i try to use ms paint i get a message which says

    there was an error in paint and it must close.

    i found paint.exe and downloaded it.

    when i tried to open paint.exe it said it could not

    find a file glut32.dll. what is this file ?? where can i find

    glut32.dll ?? would it be on the windows xp cd ??

    what folder would it be in ??

    .... or, would someone send me glut32.dll and tell me

    where to store glut32.dll ...

    arrrrgggghhhh ....

    why is this so hard

    stafford collinsworth

    p.s.

    thank you in advance for your replies ...

    stafford collinsworth Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: what happened to ms paint ??

    stafford collinsworth wrote:
    > greetings,
    > when i try to use ms paint i get a message which says
    > there was an error in paint and it must close.
    > i found paint.exe and downloaded it.
    > when i tried to open paint.exe it said it could not
    > find a file glut32.dll. what is this file ?? where can i find
    > glut32.dll ?? would it be on the windows xp cd ??
    > what folder would it be in ??
    > ... or, would someone send me glut32.dll and tell me
    > where to store glut32.dll ...
    > arrrrgggghhhh ....
    > why is this so hard
    > stafford collinsworth
    > p.s.
    > thank you in advance for your replies ...

    The program with XP called Paint is located at
    %SystemRoot%\System32\mspaint.exe, normally available from the
    Accessories menu.

    If you can't find Microsoft's Paint on your PC, then you probably need
    to do some sort in installation repair on your machine. You should not
    just go the internet and download things unless you know exactly what
    you are doing.

    You downloaded some random program from some random source and it needs
    some random dll. You should never do this unless you know exactly what
    you are doing, and what the program is that you downloaded

    Rob Schneider Guest

  3. #3

    rob,

    thank you ...

    stafford collinsworth

  4. #4

    Try in add/remove programs, windows components, delete accessories then go
    back and add accessories. Make sure under accessories you have paint
    selected.
    "stafford collinsworth" <stafford_collisworthmsn.com> wrote in message
    > rob,
    >
    > thank you ...
    >
    > stafford collinsworth
    > "Rob Schneider" <rmschnestripthisoutbeeb.net> wrote in message
    > > stafford collinsworth wrote:
    > > > greetings,
    > > > when i try to use ms paint i get a message which says
    > > > there was an error in paint and it must close.
    > > > i found paint.exe and downloaded it.
    > > > when i tried to open paint.exe it said it could not
    > > > find a file glut32.dll. what is this file ?? where can i find
    > > > glut32.dll ?? would it be on the windows xp cd ??
    > > > what folder would it be in ??
    > > > ... or, would someone send me glut32.dll and tell me
    > > > where to store glut32.dll ...
    > > > arrrrgggghhhh ....
    > > > why is this so hard
    > > > stafford collinsworth
    > > > p.s.
    > > > thank you in advance for your replies ...
    > > >

    > > The program with XP called Paint is located at
    > > %SystemRoot%\System32\mspaint.exe, normally available from the
    > > Accessories menu.
    > >
    > > If you can't find Microsoft's Paint on your PC, then you probably need
    > > to do some sort in installation repair on your machine. You should not
    > > just go the internet and download things unless you know exactly what
    > > you are doing.
    > >
    > > You downloaded some random program from some random source and it needs
    > > some random dll. You should never do this unless you know exactly what
    > > you are doing, and what the program is that you downloaded

    Unknown Guest