Professional Web Applications Themes

What I hate most about Microsoft Word is ... - Mac Applications & Software

What I hate most about Microsoft Word is that even when I have chosen "none" in the Bullets and Numbering options, the program still inserts numbers when I hit the return key. I then have to do an undo to eliminate it. Is there anything else I need to do?...

  1. #1

    Default What I hate most about Microsoft Word is ...

    What I hate most about Microsoft Word is that even when I have chosen
    "none" in the Bullets and Numbering options, the program still inserts
    numbers when I hit the return key. I then have to do an undo to
    eliminate it. Is there anything else I need to do?
    Randall Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: What I hate most about Microsoft Word is ...

    Randall Plant <gci.net> wrote:

    Yes, you need to learn to use Word. In this particular instance, see
    Tools -> Autocorrect -> Autoformat as you type. m.

    --
    matt neuburg, phd = com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
    matt Guest

  3. #3

    Randall Plantin article supernews.com,
    Randall Plant at gci.net wrote on 26/9/03 8:27 AM:

    It is being intuitive. Try Delete to margin then Return.

    kinkin Guest

  4. #4

    In article <supernews.com>,
    Randall Plant <gci.net> wrote:

    Word 4 was better than this crap.
    The Guest

  5. #5

    This is an autoformat issue. Go under Format-Autoformat-Options and uncheck
    the items you don't want Word to do automatically as you type. If you want
    this permanent, you will have to open your Normal.dot and do the same.

    --
    Chuck Vinson
    Bellevue, NE

    Chuck Guest

  6. #6

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:53:36 GMT, matt neuburg <com> wrote:

    > Yes, you need to learn to use Word. In this particular instance, see
    > Tools -> Autocorrect -> Autoformat as you type. m.[/ref]

    Poor user interface...word is full of things like this, where there are
    several plausible (but only one correct) places to change these sorts of
    things. "Autoformat as you type" doesn't, to me, mean "Stop numbering
    stuff for me", where "Bullets and Numbering options" most certainly
    does.

    Anyway...not my original post, but seeing this was a smile-inducing
    reminder of what I'm not missing.

    Dave Hinz

    Dave Guest

  7. #7

    In article <1g1upgf.e48d0pbludayN%com>,
    com (matt neuburg) wrote:

    > Yes, you need to learn to use Word.[/ref]

    Nasty! I like it!

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  8. #8

    matt neuburg <com> wrote:

    > Yes, you need to learn to use Word. In this particular instance, see
    > Tools -> Autocorrect -> Autoformat as you type. m.
    >[/ref]

    But....
    1) isn't it a lousy interface that spreads configuration over numberous
    different menus?

    and

    2) why is it that every time I set auto correct to bloody well not auto
    correct it always seems to turn itself back on?
    Strider Guest

  9. #9

    matt neuburg wrote:

    > Yes, you need to learn to use Word.[/ref]

    If that was the attitude of all who attend this group, there'd be little
    point for anyone except experts to read the messages, would there.
    Anyone else would get a lot of flack.
    Be nice, Matt. And perhaps more tolerant of those who know less than you do.

    keith whaley

    Keith Guest

  10. #10

    ....And Word 5.1A, over 11 years ago, the best before it all went downhill.

    keith whaley

    The World Wide Wade wrote:

    > Word 4 was better than this crap.[/ref]
    Keith Guest

  11. #11

    In article <1g1w6vu.1gwrly4yt3u4N%com>,
    com (Strider) wrote:

    > > Yes, you need to learn to use Word. In this particular instance, see
    > > Tools -> Autocorrect -> Autoformat as you type. m.
    > >[/ref]
    >
    > But....
    > 1) isn't it a lousy interface that spreads configuration over numberous
    > different menus?[/ref]

    It's from MICROSOFT, MORON! Where lousy interfaces are a way of life!

    Because Bill Gates knows what you want, even if you are too stupid to
    know it. Now, bend over and grasp your ankles!

    Anyone with a bit of sense has long since taken EVERYTHING from
    Microsoft and drag it to the Trash and selected Empty!

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  12. #12

    On 2003/9/26 12:06 PM, "Strider" <com> wrote:

    >> Yes, you need to learn to use Word. In this particular instance, see
    >> Tools -> Autocorrect -> Autoformat as you type. m.
    >>[/ref]
    >
    > But....
    > 1) isn't it a lousy interface that spreads configuration over numberous
    > different menus?[/ref]

    You have to understand that M$ knows what is good for us better than we do
    (;-)

    Bob Guest

  13. #13

    > > 1) isn't it a lousy interface that spreads configuration over numberous
    >
    > You have to understand that M$ knows what is good for us better than we do[/ref]

    Does anyone remember that fantastic parody site of MS Windows and Office?
    Anyone know the URL? Is it still up?

    Open Word and the little helper guy goes, "I think you'd like to type a letter.
    Yes. Let's type a letter." and proceeds to set up a type a letter beyond your
    control. I think it did Windows and PowerPoint and maybe also Excel.

    I used to work in a place where even the secretaries couldn't figure out how to
    use Word. Their most sophisticated formatting knowledge was "tab". I tried to
    teach them a few things but no one was interested. They were paid by the
    hour so they didn't care.

    --
    Sent by xanadoof from yahoo within field com
    Parrotty Guest