Professional Web Applications Themes

What is best quality photo printer out? - Photography

Most all of the Photo Printers I've used the past few years relatively print the same high res results. But even though the image is high quality, the quality in the inkjet papers I've used still need improving. Even though many claim "Feels like real photograph paper", they still have that chalky feel & still are easily scratched. Is there any type of printer paper that is highly resistant to scrathes (such as real darkroom photographic paper is)? If so, what type of printer would I need to use that type of paper? I currently have an Epson Stylus 825 ...

  1. #1

    Default What is best quality photo printer out?

    Most all of the Photo Printers I've used the past few years relatively print
    the same high res results. But even though the image is high quality, the
    quality in the inkjet papers I've used still need improving. Even though many
    claim "Feels like real photograph paper", they still have that chalky feel &
    still are easily scratched.

    Is there any type of printer paper that is highly resistant to scrathes (such
    as real darkroom photographic paper is)? If so, what type of printer would I
    need to use that type of paper?

    I currently have an Epson Stylus 825 & I don't think it will use any paper
    other than the chalky type.

    Any info is appreciated.

    Thanks
    :)

    WoodyMatthew3 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: What is best quality photo printer out?

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:23:14 +0000, WoodyMatthew3 wrote:

    dynamic range of ink on non-coated paper is not that good, coated paper,
    and then you can compare to coated photographic papers

    now, someone like National Geographic prints with a 150 lpi line screen,
    with no dithering, that means 8 pixels per dot, 1 for each C, M, Y, K, and
    a space between each, and you need 2x the lpi in dpi to avoid
    aritifacts below nyquist sampling, so 2*150*8=2400dpi is the resolution of
    the printer (imagesetter)

    now, inkjets I have seen are still at most 1200dpi in at least one of the
    directions, so don't expect National Geographic results

    --
    Comrade
    see my friend Average Joe's site

    "Does God want goodness? or the choice of goodness?
    Is the man who chooses bad, somehow better,
    than the man who has the good forced upon him?"
    a quote from the movie, A Clockwork Orange, Kubrick

    Enlightenment is man's release from his self-incurred tutelage.
    Tutelage is man's inability to make use of his understanding
    without direction from another. Self-incurred is this tutelage when
    its cause lies not in lack of reason but in lack of resolution
    and courage to use it without direction from another. Sapere aude!
    "Have courage to use your own reason!" - that is the motto
    of enlightenment.
    Kant -- What Is Enlightenment? 1784

    Ayn Rand just professed laissez faire, another Jewish mysticist
    of Zionist status quo social order, and aspiring to such, she
    never challenged "the establishment" she was a radical crony,
    not a radical individual, the very anti-thesis of individualism

    Comrade Guest

  3. #3

    Epson 1290 can print at 2880 dpi (one direction) on premium glossy
    paper. However, a few articles in this NG suggested (if I understood
    them correctly) that this might not be genuine 2880, but some kind of
    interpolation by the printer (or something like that). Assuming that
    this "printer interpolation" theory is not entirely right, would you
    accept that the 1280/90 on premium glossy paper at 2880 dpi can equal
    National Geographic results?

    In article <ws>, Comrade
    <ws> writes

    Nobody