Professional Web Applications Themes

what's wrong with my asp pages - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hey all, i really need your help ! ! i have mad some asp pages, and after some time, the server gives an http-error 500. I don't know what's wrong with my pages, so please take a look. I only have 1 day left... The referring url lets you download 3 asp pages from me(i didn't put them on the asp server). Maybe it is that i have a doctype declaration in an asp page or so? Maybe instead of the doctype i only need to say <%language="vbscript"%>? Or is it something else? Please, i don't have much asp in ...

  1. #1

    Default what's wrong with my asp pages

    Hey all,

    i really need your help ! !
    i have mad some asp pages, and after some time, the server gives an http-error 500.

    I don't know what's wrong with my pages, so please take a look. I only have 1 day left...
    The referring url lets you download 3 asp pages from me(i didn't put them on the asp server).

    Maybe it is that i have a doctype declaration in an asp page or so? Maybe instead of the doctype i only need to say <%language="vbscript"%>?

    Or is it something else?

    Please, i don't have much asp in it(5 rules in each page or for hidden fields or so), so please take a look.

    Thank you very much

    Referring URLs
    student.luc.ac.be/~0118983/CQ/formulier_bedrijven.asp
    student.luc.ac.be/~0118983/CQ/form_response_klein.asp
    student.luc.ac.be/~0118983/CQ/vac_bewaking.asp

    stijn Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: what's wrong with my asp pages

    On the first page I noticed that your variables were not dimensioned. You
    could try that and see if it helps.
    Should be something like this:

    <%LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT"%>
    <%
    Dim fromAddress, toAddress, subject

    fromAddress="be"
    toAddress="be"
    subject="Bedrijfsfiche"
    %>

    The other pages opened fine in IE and I could not see the code.

    cv

    "stijn" <com> wrote in message
[...]

    craig Guest

  3. #3

    In article <eircom.net>, com
    says...

    Sorry, that should be

    <%
    my_fromAddress=Request.Form("mail-fromaddress")
    my_toAddress=Request.Form("mail-toaddress")
    my_subject=Request.Form("mail-subject")
    %>

    --
    | com | PKP |
    Jim Guest

  4. #4

    Ok, thanks for that.

    But i don't think that that's the fault on the pages. Maybo you or someone else now if the question about the doctypes are rigth? Then i don't have to bother that and we can search for the thing that causes the error.

    Thanks

    stijn Guest

  5. #5

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:42:19 +0000 (UTC), "stijn"
    com wrote:

    Go into your browser preferences and disable friendly error messages
    so you can get a more helpful error message.

    Gary
    Gary Guest

  6. #6

    Thank you Gary,

    that puts a lot of stress off my shoulders.
    I also searched at the iis support from microsoft and found some interesting doents that i have send to the guy who controls the server.

    I don't know what you mean by text/plain. I searched and looked manually: all my pages have text/html. Leave it or do i have to change it?

    thank you very much

    stijn Guest

  7. #7

    On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 13:53:10 +0000 (UTC), "stijn"
    com wrote:

    You're welcome.

    According to the headers and to Netcraft, the page is being served
    from Apache 1.3 on a Linux server. If that's true, information about
    IIS will not really be helpful. In order for Apache to serve ASP, it
    must be running a third party application, like SunONE (formerly
    ChiliSoft ASP).

    I'm not talking about your meta tags. I'm talking about the file
    header sent by the server. This, again, is a server configuration
    issue, not an issue with your code.

    You're welcome.

    Gary
    Gary Guest

  8. #8

    Ah,

    but the server on which you saw 3 of my asp pages is a test server.
    the real server runs iis on windows nt i believe.

    thank you

    stijn Guest

  9. #9

    On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:23:45 +0000 (UTC), "stijn"
    com wrote:

    You cannot expect an ASP page to display correctly without an ASP
    capable server. That aside, Netcraft still reports the main server,
    which DOES run ASP as being Apache 1.3 on a *nix box. See:

    http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=student.luc.ac.be

    Gary
    Gary Guest

  10. #10

    Indeed, but the server that crashes is the real nt server. I just put that 3 files on another server because the nt server may be down again in a couple of minutes.
    I coudln't believe that i made somewhere a mistake(i checked double) but the guy of the server keep accusing me(the company for which i made the site, said that it is not the first time they had some troubles with this guy).

    Now with your help i went looking at the microsoft pages and i found some interesting doents that in my sight proof that he has made a configuration error(actually he needs to install a patch but it seems that he is not willing to do that...)

    Hope this trouble comes to an end soon...

    Thank you for the replies

    stijn Guest

  11. #11

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 07:34:41 +0000 (UTC), "stijn"
    com wrote:

    Good luck.

    Gary
    Gary Guest