Professional Web Applications Themes

What Web hosting Company do you use? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I know this may not be the subject for Adobe user group but I am trying to get enough opinions to help decide where to start. Who do you use and what is your feedback about how good they are? Thanks in advance for your input. Keith...

  1. #1

    Default What Web hosting Company do you use?

    I know this may not be the subject for Adobe user group but I am trying to get enough opinions to help decide where to start.

    Who do you use and what is your feedback about how good they are?

    Thanks in advance for your input.

    Keith
    Keith Shivner Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: What Web hosting Company do you use?

    Apple Computer (my .Mac account). I take it you're using Windows?

    Joe
    Joe Henry1000 Guest

  3. #3

    I am looking too, I looked at pear.com,
    <http://www.pair.com/>
    they don't have phone tech support which I would need as a beginner. Otherwise they are fantastic and inexpensive.
    APlus is good, I hear from friends. I have looked at soooo many, I like this one too
    <http://www.itsamac.com/index.shtml> and
    <http://www.macserve.net/>
    This is my favourite, for their advertisement, and I think that I will choose them(we have nice dogs who would appreciate our choice).
    <http://www.dogbark.com/>
    Hit Google for them too as the competition is high and there are new ones coming up all the time.
    There are a lot of good web hosts out there for us.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  4. #4

    I just went through this myself. There are so many hosts out there, and so many factors to consider, it gets daunting. I ended up making a list of 25 questions I would want to know about my hosting service, sent it to 3 hosts I was considering, and waited for a reply. It was half to get information, half to test their customer relations. Lunarpages responded in 10 minutes. One host responded the next day, and the third responded the following week.
    I went with Lunarpages because of their fast initial response, their quick responses to follow-up inquiries, and because they run an active forum for their users. I posted my site on Saturday! I haven't figured everything out, but I am hoping their support continues to impress.
    I am guessing this is a topic of interest to many users of this forum, as we all think about sharing our images with a wider audience.
    Lunarpages main site: [url]www.lunarpages.com[/url] <http://www.lunarpages.com/>
    Lunarpages forums, which you can check out without joining: [url]www.lunarforums.com[/url] <http://www.lunarforums.com/>
    Eric Matthes Guest

  5. #5

    I myself have my sites hosted by someone I know, but last year when apple began charging for .mac, macintouch had a long series of reports on lowcost alternatives.

    Although it is a mac site, they are all options for windows users, too, as long as you don't require a windows server with front page extensions, which is not a good thing to want in any case. Linux servers are usually a much superior choice:

    <http://www.macintouch.com/dotmacalt.html>
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  6. #6

    Eric, would it be possible for you to post your questions or if possible e-mail me. I almost ready to put my website up.

    Mags
    mags Guest

  7. #7

    mags,
    Yes. Click on my name and you'll see my email, send me a message and I'll send you the questions I asked.
    Eric Matthes Guest

  8. #8

    Good morning, Eric, I would like to see the questions too, so you could e-mail me at [email]jcartercapecod.net[/email].
    I have an old site, but my ISP for some reason won't let me change or add, I have to use their new templates, and it would overwrite my original page, which I don't want to do.

    I really like the Macintouch one too, perhaps they will be my choice.

    I am very new to this, know some HTML, and have used Netscapes composer, but have just gotten GoLive, and that makes it soooooo easy. What I really want to do is have a photo heavy web site, as we have relatives and friends all over the globe. I have been spoiled by Pbase.com as they are sort of what I want to do.
    Being self taught is why it takes me such a long time to accomplish these new projects, fun though, I love it.
    Thanks, Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  9. #9

    ..I really like the Macintouch one too, perhaps they will be my choice.

    Jane, there were many possibilities listed there. If you aren't familiar with their format, each report comes from a different person and they have a separate group of reports for each date.
    Barbara Brundage Guest