Professional Web Applications Themes

When deleting the signature using Acrobat 9.0-server threws an exception error displays - Adobe Acrobat SDK

Hi Everyone, I have built an application using VC++ ,in my application i try to sign a doent using Acrobat 9.0 ,it gets properly signed and when i try to remove the signature it throws an exception that " Server threws an exception" ,the same code if executed in Acrobat in 7.0 is properly working. The code is as below DISPID dispid2; OLECHAR *methodName2 = { L"removeField" }; dispparam1.cArgs = 1; dispparam1.rgvarg = new VARIANT[ dispparam1.cArgs ]; dispparam1.rgvarg[ 0 ].vt = VT_BSTR; dispparam1.rgvarg[ 0 ].bstrVal = varResult.bstrVal; dispparam1.cNamedArgs = 0; dispparam1.rgdispidNamedArgs = NULL; hr = jso->Invoke( dispid2, IID_NULL, GetUserDefaultLCID(), DISPATCH_METHOD, ...

Default When deleting the signature using Acrobat 9.0-server threws an exception error displays

Hi Everyone,

I have built an application using VC++ ,in my application i try to sign a doent using Acrobat 9.0 ,it gets properly signed and when i try to remove the signature it throws an exception that " Server threws an exception" ,the same code if executed in Acrobat in 7.0 is properly working.

The code is as below

DISPID dispid2;
    OLECHAR *methodName2 = { L"removeField" };
    dispparam1.cArgs = 1;
    dispparam1.rgvarg = new VARIANT[ dispparam1.cArgs ];
    dispparam1.rgvarg[ 0 ].vt = VT_BSTR;
    dispparam1.rgvarg[ 0 ].bstrVal = varResult.bstrVal;
    dispparam1.cNamedArgs = 0;
    dispparam1.rgdispidNamedArgs = NULL;
    hr = jso->Invoke( dispid2, IID_NULL, GetUserDefaultLCID(),
    DISPATCH_METHOD, &dispparam1, NULL, NULL, NULL );

here after executing this line the hr throws "Server thres an exception"

What could be the reason please throw ur ideas.

Regards,
    Nethaji
    Nethaji@adobeforums.com Guest

Default Re: When deleting the signature using Acrobat9.0 -server threws an exception error displays

You can't remove signatures in Acrobat 9 UNLESS you are the person who created it. thsi is for security reasons.
    Leonard_Rosenthol@adobeforums.com Guest

Default Re: When deleting the signature using Acrobat9.0 -server threws an exception error displays

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your input.
    I am the person who created the signature, but still i cannot
    remove it. why it happens?

DISPATCH_METHOD, &dispparam1, NULL, NULL, NULL );

The server throws error here. why it throws exception here?
    I have used the same parameters for both Acrobat 7.0 and 9.0 but
    it is working in 7.0 and not in 9.0

what is the exception being thrown? What error message?

Exception Id: "0x80010105"
    Exception Message: "The Server threw an Exception"

Is there any solutions for this ?

I have modified the above source code to

DISPATCH_METHOD, &dispparam1, NULL, &exceptionInfo,
    &puArgErr );

ExceptionInfo = "NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access
    to this property or method."
    puArgErr = 0

Exception id : 0x80020009

NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to this property or
    method.

Means you're not allowed to execute this method in this security context. Have you fully read the security details for the methods you're using?
    PDL@adobeforums.com Guest

I have developed application using VC++, and i signed a doent using Acrobat9.0,using same application i am trying to delete the signature,but it is not working in Acrobat 9.0 when trying with 7.0 and 8.0 it is working fine

Is there any way to overcome this error.
    Please give some doents or tips to overcome this error

As noted, there are now provisions in place to prevent deleting signatures on a PDF UNLESS the private key that matches the signature is also present on the machine.

Can you delete the signature manually? If so, then there is clearly a bug in the JS method for deletion. If not, then things are correct and consistent.

While deleting manually using acrobat 9.0 we are able to deleted it. But while deleting the same through code we get the following exception

DISPATCH_METHOD, &dispparam1, NULL, &exceptionInfo,
    &puArgErr );

ExceptionInfo = "NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access
    to this property or method."
    puArgErr = 0

Exception id : 0x80020009

How to give the permission to invoke this method?

NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to this property or
    method.

This is not a failure due to the method not liking the signature. This is because the method is not allowed to be called from this context - so again I ask, have you read the security restrictions regarding how and when this method can be called?
    PDL@adobeforums.com Guest

Thnaks for your input

Where exactly the details are given .Please guide me

FYI - The standard security setting as with the function :- Not much help in this specific problem.

The other reason this could happen, Is the form Reader enabled as Acrobat Pro abides by any Reader enabling so you are restricted in what you can do.

This can be removed from the PDF file by Doing "Save A Copy" from the File menu item.

HTH

Malky
    malkyt@adobeforums.com Guest