Professional Web Applications Themes

When I Alt double click on a picture it doesn't open it in Photoshop - Adobe Indesign Windows

Can anyone help me. When I alt double click on a picture it opens photoshop but doesn't import the picture....

  1. #1

    Default When I Alt double click on a picture it doesn't open it in Photoshop

    Can anyone help me. When I alt double click on a picture it opens photoshop but doesn't import the picture.
    Jay_Villemarette@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    What version exactly of Indy are you using? What happens if Photoshop is preloaded and you do the alt dbl clk in InDesign?

    Mike Witherell
    mikewitherell_at_jetsetcom_dot_net Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Mike,I'm using cs2 and even if photoshop is open, it opens the program from the bottom of my desktop but doesn't import the picture
    Jay_Villemarette@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    What is the type of the picture? Can you open the picture in PhotoShop?

    Teus
    Teus_de_Jong@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    yes , .tiff,jpg,etc all open in photoshop, just not through indesign
    Jay_Villemarette@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Do the pictures open in PhotoShop when you double click on them in Explorer? If yes, try trashing your prefs.

  7. #7

    I can load them in explorer and view them but not double click them
    Jay_Villemarette@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    What do you mean by "not double click them"? Gramatically, this means you are unable to issue a double-click instruction to the OS. I doubt that. Do you mane that when you double-click on htem, they do not open? Or that they open, but not in Photoshop?

    Right-click on a file in Windoze and select Open With > Choose program. Coose Photoshop, and click the check box at the bottome of tha dialogue to make Photoshop open all such files by default. This will also affect InDesign.
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    I can only view them in windows, I can click them at all. Where in windows do I do what you said to do?
    Jay_Villemarette@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Jay,

    Open Windows Explorer, go to the folder the pictures are in and double click on one. If it is opened in PhotoShop, it should also open in PhotoShop if you Alt doubleclick on it in InDesign. If it doesn't, associate the extension to PhotoShop in the way Scott explains.

  11. #11

    I have done this and it works,It opens photoshop, but doesn't import the picture(s).now what?
    Jay_Villemarette@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    So, the effect is the same as when you Alt doubleclick in InDesign. This means it is not a problem of InDesign, but possibly of PhotoShop.

    Did you get an error message when you double clicked the file?

  13. #13

    no error message, it just opens the program but doesn't import the picture. I'm at a loss. I'm going to reinstall photoshop and see if this fixes it.
    Jay_Villemarette@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Hi Jay,

    It sounds to me like your file types are buggered. Windows relies on file types to "send" files to the appropriate program for opening.

    Depending on your version of Windows, the procedure for accessing the file types menu is slightly different. Once you're in, however, scroll down and see if there is an entry for .tif. If not, you can add one and specify that Photoshop open it (you may have to type in the path manually). If one is there already, you might try deleting it and replacing it with a fresh one. If there are entries for .tiff as well, remove them.

    Let me know how it works out.
    Shane_Matthews@adobeforums.com Guest