columns but it was there already. The checked from my desktop by sent mails to my own address/Outlook. I am using the command line interface to run my mailing perl script from my destop(like 'perl myscript.pl'). Surprisingly if I send an attachment using the outlook express to my own address the clip sign is there, but if I use the perl script from my commandline I can't see the attchment sign in the received mail. My full code is as follows: use strict; use CGI qw/:standard/; use CGI::Carp qw/fatalsToBrowser/; use MIME::Lite::HTML; use MIME::Lite; my $mailHTML = new MIME::Lite::HTML From => "dbcoordinator\@cs.org.au", To => "$receiver", Subject => "Credit details attached"; my $MIMEmail = $mailHTML->parse("file://C|/test/coverpage/coverexec.htm"); $MIMEmail->attach( Type => 'application/msword', Path =>'Sol.doc' , Filename => 'Sol.doc' , Disposition => 'attachment' ); $MIMEmail->send_by_smtp('smtp.gforce.co.au'); print header,"Mail envoye (","Mail sent to" , " to ", "$receiver",")<<<<<<<<\n\n\n"; print "You mailing job has been finished by me!! Thanks!!"; You can try the above code from your windows commandline. Anyway thank you very much guys. I really appreciate your time and help. Cheers Jo "William Alexander Segraves" wrote in message news:9TJ3b.528$Om1.335@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...[quote] > "James Willmore" wrote in message > news:20030829013634.4b97be4b.jwillmore@cyberia.com...[quote] > > On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 04:28:28 GMT > > "William Alexander Segraves" wrote:[/quote] > [quote][quote] > > > Your problem does not appear to be a Perl problem. > > > > > > You should get the receiver to do this: In Outlook Express, do "View > > > + Columns" and check the Attachment Checkbox. Then move the > > > Attachment Column(Checkbox) to the position (order) he/she desires. > > > > > > If the Attachment Checkbox is not selected at the client end, why > > > would you expect the receiver to be able to see the paper clip > > > symbol?[/quote] > > > > Yes and no. > >[/quote] > > I tested my advice on Outlook Express 5.5 before responding. The paper[/quote] clip[quote] > does not show up if the Attachment Checkbox is not checked. >[quote] > > The MIME::Lite module allows you to send attachments, > > which, if it's just one, should show up fine in any email client. > >[/quote] > > Indeed, the attachment should show, but the paper clip will not show in[/quote] the[quote] > client unless the Attachment Checkbox is checked in "View + Columns", as > well as moved into the view. >[quote] > > MIME::Lite::HTML however sends the HTML file as an inline HTML - > > no attachment. > > > > So, without being there to see first hand what's going > > on, you could be right -or- I could have a point about what I just > > said - having spent a few hours trying to get either to do what I > > wanted them to do and using two clients other than Outlook. > >[/quote] > > Can't help here, as I don't have Outlook, either. My advice applies to > Outlook Express. >[quote] > > Have a go at the code I posted and let me know your results - okay? > > I'm curious to see what the outcome is. > >[/quote] > > OP, are you still with us? I looked at several examples I had created with > MIME::Lite. If I toggle Attachment checkbox to 'Unchecked', the paper clip > disappears. If I toggle Attachment Checkbox to 'Checked', the paperclip > appears. >[quote] > > --- > > Jim[/quote] > > Thanks, Jim. I hope the OP is still with this. I don't see a Perl issue,[/quote] so[quote] > I'm out of here. > > Cheers. > > Bill Segraves > >[/quote] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => <20030829013634.4b97be4b.jwillmore@cyberia.com> <9TJ3b.528$Om1.335@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net> [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Jane Humbrey [ip] => janehumbrey@hot [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> When use MIME::Lite module the attachment clip sign not shownfor attachments - PERL Miscellaneous

When use MIME::Lite module the attachment clip sign not shownfor attachments - PERL Miscellaneous

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 04:28:28 GMT "William Alexander Segraves" <wsegravemindspring.com> wrote: > "Jane Humbrey" <janehumbreyhotmail.com> wrote in message > news:ZjT2b.128239$JA5.3010567news.xtra.co.nz... > > G'day. How can we show the attachment clip sign in receiver's > > inbox?. Currently the receiver actually receive the attchment, but > > it won't show > up > > as a clip sign in Outlook/Outlook Express. Many people can't > > recognize the attachment, because it won't show up as a paper clip > > sign. > > Your problem does not appear to be a Perl problem. > > You should get the receiver ...

Default Re: When use MIME::Lite module the attachment clip sign not shownfor attachments

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 04:28:28 GMT
    "William Alexander Segraves" <wsegravemindspring.com> wrote:
    > "Jane Humbrey" <janehumbreyhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:ZjT2b.128239$JA5.3010567news.xtra.co.nz...
    > > G'day. How can we show the attachment clip sign in receiver's
    > > inbox?. Currently the receiver actually receive the attchment, but
    > > it won't show
    > up
    > > as a clip sign in Outlook/Outlook Express. Many people can't
    > > recognize the attachment, because it won't show up as a paper clip
    > > sign.
    >
    > Your problem does not appear to be a Perl problem.
    >
    > You should get the receiver to do this: In Outlook Express, do "View
    > + Columns" and check the Attachment Checkbox. Then move the
    > Attachment Column(Checkbox) to the position (order) he/she desires.
    >
    > If the Attachment Checkbox is not selected at the client end, why
    > would you expect the receiver to be able to see the paper clip
    > symbol?
    Yes and no.

The MIME::Lite module allows you to send attachments,
    which, if it's just one, should show up fine in any email client.

MIME::Lite::HTML however sends the HTML file as an inline HTML -
    no attachment.

So, without being there to see first hand what's going
    on, you could be right -or- I could have a point about what I just
    said - having spent a few hours trying to get either to do what I
    wanted them to do and using two clients other than Outlook.

Have a go at the code I posted and let me know your results - okay?
    I'm curious to see what the outcome is.

---
    Jim
    James Willmore Guest

Default Re: When use MIME::Lite module the attachment clip sign not shown for attachments

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your suggestions. I checked the attachment tick in the
    view -->columns but it was there already. The checked from my desktop by
    sent mails to my own address/Outlook. I am using the command line interface
    to run my mailing perl script from my destop(like 'perl myscript.pl').
    Surprisingly if I send an attachment using the outlook express to my own
    address the clip sign is there, but if I use the perl script from my
    commandline I can't see the attchment sign in the received mail. My full
    code is as follows:

use strict;
    use CGI qw/:standard/;
    use CGI::Carp qw/fatalsToBrowser/;
    use MIME::Lite::HTML;
    use MIME::Lite;

my $mailHTML = new MIME::Lite::HTML
    From => "dbcoordinator\cs.org.au",
    To => "$receiver",
    Subject => "Credit details attached";

my $MIMEmail = $mailHTML->p("file://C|/test/coverpage/coverexec.htm");
    $MIMEmail->attach(
    Type => 'application/msword',
    Path =>'Sol.doc' ,
    Filename => 'Sol.doc' ,
    Disposition => 'attachment'

);
    $MIMEmail->send_by_smtp('smtp.gforce.co.au');
    print header,"Mail envoye (","Mail sent to" , " to ",
    "$receiver",")<<<<<<<<\n\n\n";

print "You mailing job has been finished by me!! Thanks!!";

You can try the above code from your windows commandline. Anyway thank you
    very much guys. I really appreciate your time and help.

Cheers
    Jo

"William Alexander Segraves" <wsegravemindspring.com> wrote in message
    news:9TJ3b.528$Om1.335newsread2.news.atl.earthlin k.net...
    > "James Willmore" <jwillmorecyberia.com> wrote in message
    > news:20030829013634.4b97be4b.jwillmorecyberia.com ...
    > > On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 04:28:28 GMT
    > > "William Alexander Segraves" <wsegravemindspring.com> wrote:
    > <snip>
    > > > Your problem does not appear to be a Perl problem.
    > > >
    > > > You should get the receiver to do this: In Outlook Express, do "View
    > > > + Columns" and check the Attachment Checkbox. Then move the
    > > > Attachment Column(Checkbox) to the position (order) he/she desires.
    > > >
    > > > If the Attachment Checkbox is not selected at the client end, why
    > > > would you expect the receiver to be able to see the paper clip
    > > > symbol?
    > >
    > > Yes and no.
    > >
    >
    > I tested my advice on Outlook Express 5.5 before responding. The paper
    clip
    > does not show up if the Attachment Checkbox is not checked.
    >
    > > The MIME::Lite module allows you to send attachments,
    > > which, if it's just one, should show up fine in any email client.
    > >
    >
    > Indeed, the attachment should show, but the paper clip will not show in
    the
    > client unless the Attachment Checkbox is checked in "View + Columns", as
    > well as moved into the view.
    >
    > > MIME::Lite::HTML however sends the HTML file as an inline HTML -
    > > no attachment.
    > >
    > > So, without being there to see first hand what's going
    > > on, you could be right -or- I could have a point about what I just
    > > said - having spent a few hours trying to get either to do what I
    > > wanted them to do and using two clients other than Outlook.
    > >
    >
    > Can't help here, as I don't have Outlook, either. My advice applies to
    > Outlook Express.
    >
    > > Have a go at the code I posted and let me know your results - okay?
    > > I'm curious to see what the outcome is.
    > >
    >
    > OP, are you still with us? I looked at several examples I had created with
    > MIME::Lite. If I toggle Attachment checkbox to 'Unchecked', the paper clip
    > disappears. If I toggle Attachment Checkbox to 'Checked', the paperclip
    > appears.
    >
    > > ---
    > > Jim
    >
    > Thanks, Jim. I hope the OP is still with this. I don't see a Perl issue,
    so
    > I'm out of here.
    >
    > Cheers.
    >