Professional Web Applications Themes

where do I go from here? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

? Windows XP Pro ? IIS ? ASP VBScript I am working with the Dreamweaver MX demo with the intent of upgrading from DW IV. I have carefully worked through the ?getting started? tutorial twice, dotting every ?I? etc?.This evolves creating 2 pages: a page that calls up an Access table, and a page that inserts data into it. All database connection tests pass as I move along down to the one asking the sever to load the table in the page, but the last test, clicking ?submit? to enter new data, fails. The data is not entered in the ...

  1. #1

    Default where do I go from here?

    ? Windows XP Pro
    ? IIS
    ? ASP VBScript
    I am working with the Dreamweaver MX demo with the intent of upgrading from DW IV. I have carefully worked through the ?getting started? tutorial twice, dotting every ?I? etc?.This evolves creating 2 pages: a page that calls up an Access table, and a page that inserts data into it. All database connection tests pass as I move along down to the one asking the sever to load the table in the page, but the last test, clicking ?submit? to enter new data, fails. The data is not entered in the database, and the confirmation page is not displayed. There is no specific error indicated here, just a basic ?this page cannot be displayed? screen in IE6. I am at a loss as to how to move beyond this. I do not want to tell the boss that I cannot get through the beginners tutorial of an app. Help please.

    ed_norton webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: where do I go from here?

    If you are testing with IE, you should turn off friendly error messages.
    This is preventing you from seeing what the real problem is.

    To do so, select Tools=>Internet Options, then select the 'Advanced' tab and
    uncheck the box next to 'Show friendly HTTP error messages'

    "ed_norton" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > ? Windows XP Pro
    > ? IIS
    > ? ASP VBScript
    > I am working with the Dreamweaver MX demo with the intent of upgrading
    from DW IV. I have carefully worked through the ?getting started? tutorial
    twice, dotting every ?I? etc?.This evolves creating 2 pages: a page that
    calls up an Access table, and a page that inserts data into it. All database
    connection tests pass as I move along down to the one asking the sever to
    load the table in the page, but the last test, clicking ?submit? to enter
    new data, fails. The data is not entered in the database, and the
    confirmation page is not displayed. There is no specific error indicated
    here, just a basic ?this page cannot be displayed? screen in IE6. I am at a
    loss as to how to move beyond this. I do not want to tell the boss that I
    cannot get through the beginners tutorial of an app. Help please.

    Les Matthews Guest

  3. #3

    It's the old 80004005 error. This must be the kitchen sink error. This time my troubleshooting sheets on 80004005 errors do not show this particular one:

    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query

    ed_norton webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable
    query

    Right click the Access .mdb database file, choose Properties, Security tab.
    Make sure the Users group has full read/write access to the database.

    --
    Ron

    Ron Guest