Professional Web Applications Themes

Where is OTInetClientLib? - Mac Applications & Software

I am running OS9.1 on a Beige G3 and Open Transport 2.6 installed.I have been having problems opening both IE 5.1.6 and WMP 7.1.2. I tried to start each with extensions off and each came back with the same message-OTInetClientLib could not be found-.I also updated the latest version of CarbonLib.Would someone please tell me where this file is located?Finder doesn't see it.Thanks,Bill....

  1. #1

    Default Where is OTInetClientLib?

    I am running OS9.1 on a Beige G3 and Open Transport 2.6 installed.I
    have been having problems opening both IE 5.1.6 and WMP 7.1.2. I tried
    to start each with extensions off and each came back with the same
    message-OTInetClientLib could not be found-.I also updated the latest
    version of CarbonLib.Would someone please tell me where this file is
    located?Finder doesn't see it.Thanks,Bill.
    Bill Duncan Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Where is OTInetClientLib?

    My beige G3 with 9.2.2 and IE 5.1.6 doesn't have a file called
    OTInetClientLib. I suspect it is part of WMP (and the problems with IE is
    because you have set WMP as your default media app).

    My suggestion is to try reinstalling WMP.

    In article <050720031757319497%buddydyourshortscharter.net >, Bill Duncan
    <buddydyourshortscharter.net> wrote:
    > I am running OS9.1 on a Beige G3 and Open Transport 2.6 installed.I
    > have been having problems opening both IE 5.1.6 and WMP 7.1.2. I tried
    > to start each with extensions off and each came back with the same
    > message-OTInetClientLib could not be found-.I also updated the latest
    > version of CarbonLib.Would someone please tell me where this file is
    > located?Finder doesn't see it.Thanks,Bill.
    Fleming Guest

  3. #3

    In article <bricolage-050703183940000180.netpipe.net>, Fleming
    <bricolagehotmail-spam.com> wrote:
    > My beige G3 with 9.2.2 and IE 5.1.6 doesn't have a file called
    > OTInetClientLib. I suspect it is part of WMP (and the problems with IE is
    > because you have set WMP as your default media app).
    >
    > My suggestion is to try reinstalling WMP.
    >
    >I reinstalled both and rebooted w/extensions off.I booted up IE 5.1.6
    first and still got the OTInetClientLib message.Booted up WMP next and
    got the same message.Bill.
    Bill Duncan Guest

  4. #4

    In article <050720031757319497%buddydyourshortscharter.net >,
    Bill Duncan <buddydyourshortscharter.net> wrote:
    > I am running OS9.1 on a Beige G3 and Open Transport 2.6 installed.I
    > have been having problems opening both IE 5.1.6 and WMP 7.1.2. I tried
    > to start each with extensions off and each came back with the same
    > message-OTInetClientLib could not be found-.I also updated the latest
    > version of CarbonLib.Would someone please tell me where this file is
    > located?Finder doesn't see it.Thanks,Bill.
    Finder doesn't see it because it's not a file. It's a library and
    there's not a one-to-one relationship between libraries and files in the
    pre-X runtime environment.

    Enable all the OpenTransport files.

    Why are you starting without extensions?

    Gregory Weston Guest

  5. #5

    >I have been having problems opening both IE 5.1.6 and WMP 7.1.2. I tried
    >to start each with extensions off and each came back with the same
    >message-OTInetClientLib could not be found-.
    Correct.

    You can not use Internet Explorer or WMP with extensions off.

    OTInetClientLib is built into the Open Transport extension. Open Transport does
    not load with extensions off.

    --
    Rude T-shirts for a rude age: [url]http://www.villaintees.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html[/url]

    Tacit Guest

  6. #6

    In article <gwestonREMOVE-17362E.19234206072003netnews.attbi.com>,
    Gregory Weston <gwestonREMOVECAPSattbi.com> wrote:
    > In article <050720031757319497%buddydyourshortscharter.net >,
    > Bill Duncan <buddydyourshortscharter.net> wrote:
    >
    > > I am running OS9.1 on a Beige G3 and Open Transport 2.6 installed.I
    > > have been having problems opening both IE 5.1.6 and WMP 7.1.2. I tried
    > > to start each with extensions off and each came back with the same
    > > message-OTInetClientLib could not be found-.I also updated the latest
    > > version of CarbonLib.Would someone please tell me where this file is
    > > located?Finder doesn't see it.Thanks,Bill.
    >
    > Finder doesn't see it because it's not a file. It's a library and
    > there's not a one-to-one relationship between libraries and files in the
    > pre-X runtime environment.
    >
    > Enable all the OpenTransport files.
    >
    > Why are you starting without extensions?

    >I started up Explorer without extensions because one of the
    "experts"in the newsgroup microsoft.public.mac.explorer suggested I try
    it because all of my other attempts to load it failed.If you go to that
    group you can better see what I have been going through.Thanks for the
    response.Bill.
    Bill Duncan Guest

  7. #7

    Bill Duncan <buddydyourshortscharter.net> wrote:
    >Would someone please tell me where this file is
    > located?
    Make sure you have "Network Setup Extension" in your extension's folder.

    LIJ

    --
    "Every man before he dies shall see the Devil." - English Proverb, 1560
    Nobody Guest

  8. #8

    >I started up Explorer without extensions because one of the
    >"experts"in the newsgroup microsoft.public.mac.explorer suggested I try
    >it because all of my other attempts to load it failed.
    The Mac's networking software does not load if you do not have extensions on.
    You can not run Explorer with extensions off. Any reasonably proficient Mac
    network person should know that.

    Often, if Explorer refuses to start running, the problem is a corrupt font.
    Have you tried disabling all your fonts?

    Also, a corrupt Preferences file or "PPC Registration Database" file may cause
    Explorer not to launch. Delete the file called "PPC Registration Database" in
    your System folder->Preferences folder. If that doesn't help, drag all the
    Explorer prefs files to your Desktop and see if that works.