Professional Web Applications Themes

Where is the best place to send constructive criticism of DB2 Control Center? - IBM DB2

Hello, I am a DB2 customer with an active Passport Advantage contract. I am also disappointed by certain aspects of the latest version of DB2 Control Center, which I use almost daily. Would I be better off opening some kind of low priority call with DB2 Support, or simply posting my complaints to this newsgroup? I just want to draw IBM's attention to some things I've noticed, and I'm not sure if opening a PMR is a little excessive for minor annoyances that stem more from poor design than malfunctioning code. IBMers, please respond to this thread rather than emailing ...

  1. #1

    Default Where is the best place to send constructive criticism of DB2 Control Center?

    Hello,

    I am a DB2 customer with an active Passport Advantage contract. I am
    also disappointed by certain aspects of the latest version of DB2
    Control Center, which I use almost daily.

    Would I be better off opening some kind of low priority call with DB2
    Support, or simply posting my complaints to this newsgroup? I just
    want to draw IBM's attention to some things I've noticed, and I'm not
    sure if opening a PMR is a little excessive for minor annoyances that
    stem more from poor design than malfunctioning code.

    IBMers, please respond to this thread rather than emailing me, since
    the above email address is long dead, and only used to thwart
    spammers.

    Thanks,

    Fred
    Fred Guest

  2. #2

    Open a Sev3 PMR and please send me a note offline with your suggestions.
    thanks,

    Blair Guest

  3. #3

    Fred,

    there are several ways to contact IBM.
    First there is the mail address on the www.ibm.com, second there is
    Database Marketing, and third there is your IBM representative.
    Marketing and your sales rep have access to a database called FITS that
    will carry requests like yours.

    As any annoyance will mean degraded performance on your site and a
    probability for increased errors, a PMR should always be the first step.
    It may not have a high priority or severity (these are different things
    with IBM), however, it doents the problem and can then be used to
    establish a requirement.

    The forth way should always be taken: consult with IDUG and GSE and have
    them filing the requirement as well. If you can't convince the DB2
    community it may be more of your own problem than a commonly accepted one.

    Regards Rolf
    Rolf Guest

  4. #4

    Hello

    I'd belive that many people have ideas of how to improve DB2/DB2 Tools, and
    probable that someone must imagined before.

    I personally like like of how Developer Domain is today, but isn't there a
    possibily to have on DD a space for the costumers/developers to share/place and
    make their ideas enforceable/improved. Something like 'Add here your suggestion
    to improve DB2 or Vote for an existing one on some of the ideas below', and
    the DB2 programmers/developers put their opinions about the ideas .....

    I belive that opening a PMR on DB2 make the things more 'trackable' to IBM,
    but isn't there a way to make it more open to customers, like 'brainstorm'
    instead of 'send the request,wait for the answer'

    Thanks

     [/ref]
    Alexandre Guest

  5. #5

    com (Fred) wrote in message news:<google.com>...

    Preliminary remark: I write this as a DB2 UDB (LUW) user and IBM
    Business Partner.

    There is no such thing as a perfect licensing scheme, last year IBM
    took the decision to bundle support and release renewal. What is the
    consequence of it?

    For the support part, there is a phone, fax, web-based call entry
    system and a whole support organisation behind it with internal IBM
    processes. It works.
    Support will not handle change requests, they check if it works "as
    designed".

    What about the renewal part?

    When a customer has a current maintenance contract on a
    PassportAdvantage product (it is not limited to DB2), he funds IBM for
    future developments. So he is "more" than a customer who has no
    renewal rights. But there is no IBM system for maintenance customers:
    1. to allow the enter change requests: no Web-site for customers with
    a valid maintenance contract to enter requests, with ticket number
    generation as for support 2. to see requests from other customers
    (good ideas can please other customers) 3. to participate in a ranking
    process of customer-entered improvement requests (1 company,1 vote?).

    DB2, MQ, ... is not open source and maintenance payments fund IBM, so
    there should be a structered interaction between IBM and the
    maintenance customers.

    Bernard Dhooghe
    Bernard Guest