Professional Web Applications Themes

Which one to buy Flash MX 2004 or Studio MX2004 - Macromedia Flash

Hi, I want to buy Flash MX 2004 to do animations and Flash Game on my web site. Should I instead pay more to have Studio MX 2004. Is it worth it? If I would buy it it would be mostly for Freehand but is Freehand a much better vector software than Flash? Does it import well in Flash without too much space? I do not think that Firework could be useful to me and I know that Dreamweaver should be great to built web sites but I already created web sites without it. Thanks, Richard...

  1. #1

    Default Which one to buy Flash MX 2004 or Studio MX2004

    Hi,

    I want to buy Flash MX 2004 to do animations and Flash Game on my web
    site. Should I instead pay more to have Studio MX 2004. Is it worth it?
    If I would buy it it would be mostly for Freehand but is Freehand a much
    better vector software than Flash? Does it import well in Flash without too
    much space? I do not think that Firework could be useful to me and I know
    that Dreamweaver should be great to built web sites but I already created
    web sites without it.

    Thanks,

    Richard

    Richard Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Which one to buy Flash MX 2004 or Studio MX2004

    On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 08:53:09 -0500, "Richard" <superrickysympatico.ca>
    wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    > I want to buy Flash MX 2004 to do animations and Flash Game on my web
    >site. Should I instead pay more to have Studio MX 2004. Is it worth it?
    >If I would buy it it would be mostly for Freehand but is Freehand a much
    >better vector software than Flash? Does it import well in Flash without too
    >much space? I do not think that Firework could be useful to me and I know
    >that Dreamweaver should be great to built web sites but I already created
    >web sites without it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Richard

    Only you can decide if its worth making the investment. I too went
    back and forth and decided not to get Studio MX at this time in part
    because I already had an earlier version of Dreamweaver and to qualify
    for Flash MX2004 I had to buy version five of Flash which I did as a
    outdated suite package I picked up on the cheap which also included
    Freehand and Fireworks, two nice vector graphics programs from
    Macromedia. A real bargain. I got several full applicatios for less
    than $100. Since I mainly wanted Flash MX 2004, I feel I came out way
    ahead. Now that I upgraded to Flash MX 2004 and got the other older
    version applications, if I decide later to upgrade then I saved some
    money.

    Freehand is great for making vector art that you can export out to
    Flash. It depends how complex your projects are going to be if you
    really need it or not. If you're only doing comparatively simple
    graphics, then Flash alone should be plenty or do as I did and pick up
    a older version of Freehand/Fireworks on the cheap if you can find it
    yet. Sorry, I can't recall the title, but I was thumbing through a new
    book a week or so ago devoted to doing more involved graphics in Flash
    alone and was impressed with what's possible in Flash alone beyond the
    basics. Maybe you can find it on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel web site
    or at larger book stores. If you have a MicroCenter near you they have
    a huge selection of computer books, litterally THOUSANDS of titles. At
    my local store they had almost a hundred titles just on Flash which
    sure beats the typical half a dozen or so you find a regular book
    stores.

    [url]http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/index.html[/url]

    Dreamweaver is a EXCELLENT web authoring package. Its mainly targeted
    at designing more traditional web pages. Since its a WYSIWYG graphic
    editor and text only editor in one (you can switch back and forth) its
    very nice, but the learning curve like for Flash is pretty steep and
    if you also want Freehand and Firworks learning four complex
    applications all at once is going to be quite a task. Again, depends
    on your project complexity. If your web pages are involved, lots of
    back end scripting and so on, then Dreamweaver can be a big time
    saver. If however you're already comfortable knocking out web pages in
    Notepad or some text editor style editor and you KNOW the underlying
    HTML, XML markup languages well, then maybe overkill.

    Adam Albright Guest

  3. #3

    "Adam Albright" <AAABC.net> wrote in message
> [...]
    > stores.
    >
    > [url]http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/index.html[/url]
    >
    > Dreamweaver is a EXCELLENT web authoring package. Its mainly targeted
    > at designing more traditional web pages. Since its a WYSIWYG graphic
    > editor and text only editor in one (you can switch back and forth) its
    > very nice, but the learning curve like for Flash is pretty steep and
    > if you also want Freehand and Firworks learning four complex
    > applications all at once is going to be quite a task. Again, depends
    > on your project complexity. If your web pages are involved, lots of
    > back end scripting and so on, then Dreamweaver can be a big time
    > saver. If however you're already comfortable knocking out web pages in
    > Notepad or some text editor style editor and you KNOW the underlying
    > HTML, XML markup languages well, then maybe overkill.

    Thank you very much for the info.

    Richard

    Richard Guest