Professional Web Applications Themes

which server for PHP, Mysql and apache for windows? - PHP Development

I'd like to install a server for PHP, Mysql and Apache. I use Phpdev but there is a problem: how do not allow the access to mysql by phpMyAdmin? I mean If I instal phpdev a generical user can access to mysql by phpMyadmin! I'd like so set up a secure server: how can I do? which program? Thank you in advance, Mario....

  1. #1

    Default which server for PHP, Mysql and apache for windows?

    I'd like to install a server for PHP, Mysql and Apache.
    I use Phpdev but there is a problem: how do not allow the access to mysql by
    phpMyAdmin?
    I mean If I instal phpdev a generical user can access to mysql by
    phpMyadmin!

    I'd like so set up a secure server: how can I do?
    which program?

    Thank you in advance, Mario.

    _mario.lat Guest

  2. #2

    _mario.lat spilled the following:
    > I'd like to install a server for PHP, Mysql and Apache.
    > I use Phpdev but there is a problem: how do not allow the access to mysql
    > by phpMyAdmin?
    > I mean If I instal phpdev a generical user can access to mysql by
    > phpMyadmin!
    >
    > I'd like so set up a secure server: how can I do?
    > which program?

    Not Microsoft Windows. Apache lives a lot happier on Unix/Linux than on
    Win32 (although I've not tried apache2 extensively on MS) so you'll also
    get better performance. In addition to a faster turn around on fewer
    vulnerabilities, Linux and most flavours of Unix offer a much higher degree
    of control when implmenting a security policy.

    But regardless of the OS you choose, relying on someone else to provide an
    off-the-shelf solution to your operational context with tight security is
    naive at best. By all means use it as a starting point. But if you don't
    have the skills to isolate one part of that system in a pre-determined and
    planned manner, you're not going to be able to maintain a secure system. If
    you start by putting together the bits yourself you will at least learn
    something along the way about how they work.

    Microsoft are very good at convincing people that their systems do not
    require a high skill level to operate / manage - and frequently blur the
    distinction. The reality for *any* OS is quite different.

    A compromise for most smaller organisations is to not to try to implement
    their own policy but adopt that applied *in* the off-the-shelf solution.
    Note that this does not greatly reduce the admin requirement but it can
    reduce risk significantly - if (and only if)
    1) you can identify a product which is backed up by a method for reporting,
    fixing and distributing patches, and most importantly communicating with
    its users.
    2) you can ensure that the procedures are in place for monitoring the
    relevant channels and effecting action.

    C.
    Colin McKinnon Guest