Professional Web Applications Themes

White on Black - Adobe Illustrator Macintosh

I need to create 3x4" signs with white text on a black background. How would I accomplish this?...

  1. #1

    Default White on Black

    I need to create 3x4" signs with white text on a black background. How would I accomplish this?
    Don1@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: White on Black

    With the default colors selected, Black and White click the double arrow icon above the color square selector in the tools palette so black is the background color then create the doent select all Command>A then hit the delete key. Leave the colors as is then select the type tool and then click inside the doent window and start entering you text.

    Now to use things such character palette, color picker, scale type option bar etc.
    try the manual.
    Wade_Zimmerman@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Woops wrong Forum that is the way you do it in Photoshop.

    Just select the rectangle shape tool and drag a 3x4 rectangle or double click the tool in a doent window and when the rectangle dialog shows up type in the dimensions and click OK the while the rectangle is still selected select black form the color palette or color swatches as the fill color. Then deselect the rectangle and select the type tool and either select to click it inside the rectangle where you want the text to begin or drag it to make a text frame then go to the color palette or swatch palette and select white as the fill color and start typing.
    Wade_Zimmerman@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Short answer...

    Draw a black rectangle.

    Put white type on top of it.

    :)
    Scott_Weichert@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Sorry to sound dumb guys but if I create a black box and white type over it when I have it printed on a black medium won't it try to print the background? Is there a way to just print white text?
    Don1@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Oh you're kidding of course. You will have to silk screen or hot stamp to do that and in that case black type on white will be fine when they output it to film it will be fine for make the screen or the plate for the stamp. Just tell them you want the text white.

    Unless you have some other way of doing the printing, then specify the method.
    Wade_Zimmerman@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    yeah, just imagine that black is wahtever color ink you are using
    and if the ink happens to be white, then all of your black = white..

    you could always just use white text on the default white/transparent background, but i've found that sometimes vendors don't look hard enough will think that it's a blank file....
    p1kuo@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Create a spot color. Make it 5% Black or Cyan if you want to differentiate it from normal White on the computer screen. Name this spot color White Print. Make your text this color.
    allenatl@adobeforums.com Guest