Professional Web Applications Themes

White screen before preloader - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

Is there anyway to get rid of this "white screen" that shows up before my preloader? Thanks in advance -Sly- Referring URLs [url]http://slyguywebdesign.com/preloader.html[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default White screen before preloader

    Is there anyway to get rid of this "white screen" that shows up before my preloader?
    Thanks in advance

    -Sly-

    Referring URLs
    [url]http://slyguywebdesign.com/preloader.html[/url]

    Sly1211 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:White screen before preloader

    yes, I get that too. Can't understand why; it's asthough something is trying to load before the preloader!

    Sorry I don't have the answer.

    Lesley G webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Lesley,
    Yeah, I'm wondering if it hs something to do with having the bitmap as the background. I don't seem to get that white screen when I don't have a background like that. I don't know what to do about it though. HELP, ANYBODY, LOL!

    -Sly-
    Sly1211 Guest

  4. #4

    Hello~

    It's impossible to remove the white screen. :p Like what Lesley G said, "It's as though something is trying to load". Well, the thing that was trying to load before the preloader is the preloader itself! The preloader is also graphics which needs to be loaded to be shown. Not quite a solution but it's more like an explaination...

    By the way, the more complex the preloader is, the longer it takes to show the preloader meaning you'll see the white screen more longer! :o But I think you can change the color from white to something else by changing the movie background color! :)

    - Eff CTJ ;)

    A mind is a dangerous thing... Yet, it can also be a wonderful thing! :D
    Eff @ CTJ Guest

  5. #5

    Sly1211 wrote:
    > Lesley,
    > Yeah, I'm wondering if it hs something to do with having the bitmap as the background. I don't seem to get that white screen when I don't have a background like that. I don't know what to do about it though. HELP, ANYBODY, LOL!
    It has everything to do with the bitmap image. The preloader cannot
    play until it is loaded...so if includes a bitmap it's gonna take some
    time to download. Preloaders should be kept as small as possible to
    ensure that it loads instantaneously. There's not much sense in using a
    preloader that needs a preloader for itself!

    zero Guest

  6. #6

    Lesley,
    I found out the answer. Although I changed my background in my fla to match Dreamweaver, the white background is still white in the swf with in the html. So all I had to do was go into Dreamweaver, select the swf & choose the background color (in this case gray). It's not obvious, because when I selected the swf, it looked like the background color was already gray, but it wasn't. No swatch was selected. It worked & solved my problem. Just wanted to let you know :o)

    -Sly-
    Sly1211 Guest

  7. #7

    Didn't work for me! But glad you had success. Thanks for feedback.

    Lesley G webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  8. #8

    Really? Are you sure your preloeader isn't too large like Eff said? (I'm assuming it isn't, but just checking).

    -Sly-
    Sly1211 Guest

  9. #9

    Mmmm, could be; I've got some music loaded into a movieclip which might account for it!

    Lesley G webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  10. #10

    If you have music in your preloader, that could do it. Send me your site when you get it finished: [email]sly1211comcast.net[/email]

    -Sly-
    Sly1211 Guest

  11. #11

    Hey sly, I've checked your movie and I thought I'de ask you if you can attach a copy of your preloader, because I made a preloader but it's not as smooth as yours, though mine never seems to start from the begining, it always starts from 50% or something, I don't know why, but I hope you're be able to help me figure it out.
    Cheers.

    Ash Sammy Guest

  12. #12

    Hi Sammy,
    I just followed a tutorial on Flash kit. It takes seconds to create. The link is below =:o)

    -Sly-

    Referring URLs
    [url]http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Actionscripting/Basic/Percenta-Chris_Be-870/index.php[/url]

    Sly1211 Guest

  13. #13

    Hey thanks, that's excellent. It's alot better now. Thanks : )
    Also thanks to Chris Berry

    Ash Sammy Guest