Professional Web Applications Themes

Who was thinking about switching to a Mac? - Photography

http://webflash.com/indexframe.php?id=561 I couldn't stop laughing. Too funny....

  1. #1

    Default Who was thinking about switching to a Mac?

    http://webflash.com/indexframe.php?id=561

    I couldn't stop laughing. Too funny.
    Brian Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Who was thinking about switching to a Mac?

    In article <verizon.net>, Brian Baird
    <right> wrote:

    PeeCee people are so clueless. Wish I had access to a video camera...I
    could do a great rant on Windows, especially XP.
    Randall Guest

  3. #3

    "Randall Ainsworth" <techline.com> wrote in message

    > PeeCee people are so clueless. Wish I had access to a video camera...I
    > could do a great rant on Windows, especially XP.[/ref]

    Do it somewhere else.

    Rudy Guest

  4. #4

    mouhahahaha

    "Brian Baird" <right> a écrit dans le message de

    Chuck Guest

  5. #5

    In article <supernews.com>, Rudy Benner
    <com> wrote:

    > > PeeCee people are so clueless. Wish I had access to a video camera...I
    > > could do a great rant on Windows, especially XP.[/ref]
    >
    > Do it somewhere else.[/ref]

    Bite me.
    Randall Guest

  6. #6

    Yeah, pretty funny. Not truthful, but really funny.

    In article <net>, Chuck
    <com> wrote:

    >[/ref]
    Steve Guest

  7. #7

    Brian Baird wrote:

    Thanks. I'm sending it to all my Mac addict friends...

    Alan Guest

  8. #8

    A recent review of the $6000 dual processor MacG5 praised the G5 because the
    G5 recovered well after crashing frequently while doing video editing. $6000
    and a 90 day warranty.
    The dirty secret of the Mac OS has always been lousy memory management: this
    has only caught up to Windows 95 (Windows95!) by abandoning the original
    software entirely and cobbling together a UNIX OS (hence the name OS "X" as
    in Unix clone). However even this OS has undergone significant revisions,
    for which consumers are charged, in its short lifetime. In switching to a
    UNIX OS Apple brutally abandoned compatibility with prior software and
    hardware, something even Microsoft has managed to handle in a more
    reasonable fashion.
    It is a real shame that Apple remained a monolithic hardware/software system
    and never opened up for development so that it could be a genuine
    alternative to Wintel. Even now the Apple UNIX OS clone could be ported to
    an x86 cpu but then Apple would have to put real effort into developing the
    OS into a stable platform that could run a wide variety of software and
    hardware, something that has never been a priority for Apple.
    There is a good reason virus writers hardly bother to attack the Apple OS:
    it is not out of respect for Apple.

    bmoag Guest

  9. #9

    "Brian Baird" <right> wrote in message

    He basically describes my first experience at using a Mac. In fact, I have
    never been able to keep any Apple product running for more than a couple
    hours, and I started using Apples with the II, which in exasperation I
    finally got a Z80 board and switched to CPM. Now that Apple is running OS X,
    a version of Unix, I would hope for better reliability.

    C Guest

  10. #10

    "C J Campbell" <com> wrote in message

    > He basically describes my first experience at using a Mac. In fact, I have
    > never been able to keep any Apple product running for more than a couple
    > hours, and I started using Apples with the II, which in exasperation I
    > finally got a Z80 board and switched to CPM. Now that Apple is running OS[/ref]
    X,

    However, I decided against the PowerBook. Security on this laptop is a joke.
    If your laptop is stolen, anyone can access all your data. The ThinkPad can
    be set so that it cannot even access its own BIOS without a password.

    C Guest

  11. #11

    In article <250220050558085030%techline.com>,
    techline.com says...

    > PeeCee people are so clueless. Wish I had access to a video camera...I
    > could do a great rant on Windows, especially XP.[/ref]

    Note:

    The person who made that is a Mac user. He uses a Mac because of Final
    Cut Pro... and hates it.
    Brian Guest

  12. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Brian Guest
    Moderated Post

  13. #13

    C J Campbell wrote:

    If the data on a harddisk is valuable to someone, it can be pulled out by the
    very simple expedient of removing the diskdrive and connecting it as a non boot
    drive to another system. All the data is easilly read. And even if a WinXP or
    2000 machine would refuse to read it, just boot up under Linux and it is wide open.

    The only way to protect data is to encrypt it well with something like PGP. At
    that point, nobody, probably not even the NSA can expect to read it. (Rumors of
    backdoors into PGP are just that, rumors. They may be there, nobody knows. And
    the NSA probably don't care what's on your disk.)

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Guest

  14. #14

    In article <cvnqht$6sr$gazeta.pl>,
    ca says...

    Well, unless you wear a turban and talk funny.
    Brian Guest

  15. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Nunnya Guest
    Moderated Post

  16. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    RichA Guest
    Moderated Post

  17. #17

    Nunnya Bizniss wrote:

    Hmm. Win 98 was fairly stable. WinXP is very stable. Mac fans just hate the
    truth.

    Alan Guest

  18. #18

    Alan Browne <ca> wrote in

    > Hmm. Win 98 was fairly stable. WinXP is very stable. Mac fans just
    > hate the truth.
    >[/ref]

    Wow. Sounds like you actually have some industry experience! Oh wait. No
    you dont.

    98 Stable? Compared to win95, yes. XP-far more robust than its predecssors.

    Please elaborate on the ongoing security issues in Windows, how easily
    infiltrated Windows is by "Spyware" courtesy of Internet Explorer along
    with all the other well publicized hacks and security issues there are with
    Windows and other M$ software. To ignore that is to proclaim one's self
    just plain ignorant to the facts.

    Now dont get me wrong-I'm never going to say that Macs are without issue.
    Just FAR fewer issues. By a HUGE margin. I'll keep my Mac and laugh about
    how much money I make thanks to WinDOZE.

    You got another thing wrong- I am a HUGE Windows fan. I really love it. It
    keeps the roof over my head, my refrigerator full, bought me my DSLR
    system and my motorcycle.

    I LOVE WINDOWS!
    Nunnya Guest

  19. #19

    In article <com>, C J Campbell
    <com> wrote:

    you can set an open firmware password (agous to pc bios) so that
    the powerbook cannot be booted without a password, including from
    cd/dvd.

    you can also encrypt your home folder with filevault (part of osx), and
    even if someone stole your laptop and removed the hard drive, they'd
    still have a tough time decrypting your home folder.

    now what was that about it being a joke?
    nospam Guest

  20. #20

    In article <iMITd.726$news.prodigy.com>, bmoag
    <net> wrote:

    which $6000 dual g5 is this? dual g5s start at $2000.

    perhaps he added ram, hard drives and monitors - that costs the same on
    a mac as it does on a pc.

    all macs have one year warranty.

    it is based on unix, which has excellent memory management.

    cobbled?? i see you've done no research whatsoever on its architecture.

    minor revisions are free, and major revisions do cost, but are
    optional. they offer many compelling features, but you are welcome to
    not upgrade.

    windows xp was not free and longhorn will not be free.

    actually, they did a stunning job of maintaining compatibility. just
    about every app that ran in os9 will run in osx within classic, as well
    as many applications from well before that. in fact, there are numerous
    apps from the mid-80s that still work just fine, from when a mac had a
    tiny 9" screen.

    anyone can develop for the mac. the development environment is
    included with every mac, every copy of osx and can be downloaded for
    free as well. in addition, all doentation is available on line,
    including many example programs.

    most unix software ports with little to no problem whatsoever, and it
    is easy to wrap a mac graphical user interface around old unix command
    line utilities. alternately, one can write an app from scratch.

    there has never been a restriction on developing software or hardware
    the mac, ever. all information necessary to write mac software and
    develop hardware has always been available in book form and/or on line,
    since day one.

    more misinformation. the kernel of osx is open source and has already
    been ported to intel. and being unix underneath, it runs a huge
    variety of software, including x11 apps, as well as all the major
    software packages such as microsoft office, adobe photoshop, etc.

    the fact virus writers don't bother is a welcome feature. furthermore,
    there are substantially fewer security holes than windows, so the
    possibilities are much more limited. it is a lot harder to wreck havoc.
    nospam Guest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast