Professional Web Applications Themes

Why can't I see my buttons?! - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I'm using the button tool, but my computer is not showing them (the button or text). I know they're there because I can see them when I open the file on another computer (same system-xp). Also, if I choose "select all", I can see the outlines of where they are. Is this a setting? I've already uninstalled Acrobat, and reinstalled with the patch. Is this just a setting I can't find?...

  1. #1

    Default Why can't I see my buttons?!

    Jacque_Grossman@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Why can't I see my buttons?!

    Have you downloaded and installed the latest driver for your video card?
    W_T_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I just did, but to no avail.
    Jacque_Grossman@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    "Why can't I see my buttons?!"
    Topic title sounds like a quote from one of the Carry on movies...

    when you create a form field do you add a border to it?
    Also instead of selecting the hand tool use the select object tool (acrobat 6)
    de_Siem@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Yes, like I said everything I do is visible on other computers, just not mine.
    Jacque_Grossman@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I've heard of strange viewing behavior being caused by compatibility settings getting changed (people not knowing how the changes even happened).

    To check, navigate to the Acrobat executable file and right-click it. Choose Properties, then look at the Compatiblity tab. See if you have the same settings as the people who are able to view correctly.
    kay_anderson@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    The settings are the same.
    Jacque_Grossman@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    If you get a PDF with buttons from one of your co-workers, can you see the bottons? What version of Acrobat are you using?
    kay_anderson@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    I just did a test, and no. It treats it as if I created it here (invisible, it doesn't change to a pointer when moused over, and if I choose select all, it shows a red outline of where the button is).

    Acrobat 6.0 - and I installed the patch for 6.0.1
    Jacque_Grossman@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Is it possible for you to create a new user on your computer to see if it happens there, too? Something in your profile may be corrupted.
    kay_anderson@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    I appreciate the help you are offering. Unfortunately, that did not work either. But as far as you know, this seems to be a system, and not a program issue? Thank you.
    Jacque_Grossman@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    It does seem like a system issue to me. Maybe others have other ideas that they would like to offer.
    kay_anderson@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Jacque,

    Can you make the form available somewhere so we can test it out?

    George
    George_Johnson@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    I'll e-mail you direct. Thank you.
    Jacque_Grossman@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    Very strange...I can't explain it since it works fine for me. What about other types of form fields?

  16. #16

    Yeah, you would think the link tool wouldn't work or be visible either, but it is.
    Jacque_Grossman@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Does the button print?
    W_T_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    Yes.
    Jacque_Grossman@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    This has to be a video card/driver problem.

    What video card do you have?
    W_T_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    This is the first thing I was told to check and update. I did download an update. It is the Matrox Parhelia 128MB Driver Version 1.4.0.78
    Jacque_Grossman@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast