Professional Web Applications Themes

why does Fh go online at startup? - Macromedia Freehand

Hi everyone I am new to this and I have tried to find an answer to me quandry to no avail. I have an educational version of Studio MX, it has been registered to me.When I open Freehand it automatically logs me online to my ISP. Is this normal? Is there a way I can stop this from happening? Any help would be appreciated, guido2...

  1. #1

    Default why does Fh go online at startup?

    guido2 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: why does Fh go online at startup?

    You don't clearly mention what version of FH you are using and what platform
    so one can only guess what you might be encountering.

    As a SWAG, I suspect you are using FH10.0 or FHMX11.0 on a MacOS 9. If so,
    what you are probably encountering is an unfortunate interaction between
    FH's serialization routines and the configuration of your OS. When some
    versions of FH are launched, they poll your network to see if other copies
    are running on the same network using the same serial number (this would be
    a violation of the product license). Unfortunately, the MacOS9 will smell
    this network request and, if so configured, will auto-connect to whatever
    service you've set for dialup networking.

    The only workaround is to turn off the auto-connect feature in Remote
    Access. This will end the hassle when launching FH but will also require
    that you manually connect when you want to use a Web Browser. There is a
    TechNote on the Macromedia site that will give you more details. This
    particular issue doesn't seem to happen under OSX, nor has it been seen on
    Windows, and is not present in FHMXa v11.0.1 which does not support the old
    OS9.

    David W Gangwisch
    Software Design Engineer - FreeHand
    Macromedia, Inc.

    "guido2" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone I am new to this and I have tried to find an answer to me
    quandry to no avail. I have an educational version of Studio MX, it has been
    registered to me.When I open Freehand it automatically logs me online to my
    ISP. Is this normal? Is there a way I can stop this from happening? Any help
    would be appreciated, guido2

    david gangwisch Guest

  3. #3

    David thanks for your reply to my post. Sorry I did not relate all the info in my post but I am using MS XP Professional on a PC/ Pentium 4, I am using an educational version of Studio MX version 11.0. All other Studio MX applications do not do this when opened.

    I have a long way to go to learn these programs but I will slowly.

    Thanks again, guido2

    guido2 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest